It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:39 pm 

For those of us who are concerned about keeping Miles or anyone else...this came to me from the AD department today...If you did not get it there is an email where you can get info. Also a spot to purchase stuff towards NIL. I copied the majority of the text here.....
As many of you know, Keepers of the Culture launched last year and became the first NIL collective to support basketball student-athletes at Loyola University Chicago. The collective relies on you –Rambler supporters, fans, and alumni – to create and maintain community partnerships and NIL opportunities that can have a powerful impact on our student-athletes.
Today, we’re proud to share with you that the collective received some incredibly generous donations: anonymous donors have pledged to match every incoming donation to the collective until the end of the 2023-2024 basketball season, up to a total of $100,000. This means that EVERY donation you make will be matched dollar-for-dollar, from now until the men’s basketball Final Four weekend in April.
As a special stewardship opportunity, Keepers of the Culture will also be offering the first five (5) $10,000+ donors to this challenge a VIP experience with Coach Valentine.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help fund impactful initiatives, and they’re counting on YOU to take advantage of the generosity of our special donors to help champion Loyola basketball student-athletes through the end of the season.
Make a tax-deductible gift to Keepers of the Culture through its partnership with The BPS Foundation, a 501c3 organization, to support Loyola basketball student-athletes. Your support will help drive charitable causes in the community in alignment with the University’s vision in the pursuit of care for others.
SUPPORT
With any questions about giving or the BPS Foundation, reach out to Logan Craghead at logan@keepersoftheculture.com. For questions about Loyola Athletics or the importance of supporting Keepers of the Culture, please contact Tom Sorboro at tsorboro@luc.edu or simply respond to me by replying to this email.
As always, thank you for your continued and passionate support of Loyola Athletics.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:33 am 

the most important person to keep this off season will be Valentine

I don't think there will be the mad rush for Rubin we seem to think. He has a lot of development to undergo to be anything but an all defense sub at a higher level. I saw his brother was redshirted at UNI.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:55 am 

Yeah....... They have got to go pitch it to the famous alums and corporates rather than the season ticket holders and $4 beer drinkers at Bruno's. Majority of us are not the target market for this :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:59 am 

RamblerRagas wrote:
Yeah....... They have got to go pitch it to the famous alums and corporates rather than the season ticket holders and $4 beer drinkers at Bruno's. Majority of us are not the target market for this :lol:

The Bonaventure podcast came back and did an interview with one of their NIL people, and he shared some good ideas about how they are getting smaller-dollar folks involved using monthly subscriptions, whether it's $20/month, $100/month, or whatever. It all adds up and can make a difference. It seems like they do other things like subscriber events and raffles, too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:56 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
RamblerRagas wrote:

The Bonaventure podcast came back and did an interview with one of their NIL people, and he shared some good ideas about how they are getting smaller-dollar folks involved using monthly subscriptions, whether it's $20/month, $100/month, or whatever. It all adds up and can make a difference. It seems like they do other things like subscriber events and raffles, too.

I recall last year, they did some NIL deal with NBC Sports where you received a signed team photo and had a Zoom session with team members. I like things like that. You need to incentivize the smaller dollar contributors for their $50, $100, $250 donations.

Glad to see they are doing something though. And the AD is pushing it. I will definitely be contributing and I hope everyone else does so, if they are in a position to do so. Regardless of your stance on players getting $$, it's part of the sport now and we either embrace it or we fall behind.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:22 am 

Where is our next Baron of Barrington? As for me and my endless poverty, I'll just do the Sister Jean thing and pray! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:42 am 

I agree the little stuff adds up...there is a shop site that I am guessing gives a % to the NIL...you can get an autographed ball...a Krutwig bobblehead....a 63 championship t...etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:14 am 

natetheskate wrote:
I agree the little stuff adds up...there is a shop site that I am guessing gives a % to the NIL...you can get an autographed ball...a Krutwig bobblehead....a 63 championship t...etc.

The little stuff definitely adds up. If I were to make a bet, NIL distribution will follow the Pereto rule: ~80% of dollars will go to ~20% of players. That means the higher of a level that can go to the 80% of players getting the 20%, should result in attracting and retaining better quality depth on the team (all theoretical of course). So, the whales subsidize the 20% and the small donors build the 80% nest egg. Let me give an example that is non-NIL, but relevant to the Athletic Department. One of the graduate assistants at Loyola (not men's basketball) once told me something that is indelible in my mind. I'll paraphrase since I don't have it exactly right. He said, 'sure, with a full scholarship, you can get really good players'. But to build out a strong roster, the real measure is how do you get great players whose scholarship money is being split among 2 or 3 players? When you get those guys, you can build a strong roster. You have depth, you have late bloomers that can develop, and you competition for the starters.' Basketball is well funded and has 13 fulls. So, don't get confused by the scholarship analogy. What I'm saying is this: if NIL small donors can fill in the piggy bank with enough to make LU competitive on building depth and retaining character, then it matters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:21 am 

iF YOU want to know how the NIL works at Loyola, Tom Sorboro give you a great 15 minute synopsis. Very interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:34 am 

FYI:
PARETO was a 19th century Italian economist commissioned by King Ferdinand of Italy to study wealth distribution.
He concluded that 20% of the population controlled 80% of the wealth.

It is a basic principle in project management used especially in quality testing of sample and is illustrated mathematically
through sample size minimums of 20 )most companies use 32 samples)and the calculation of standard deviation of the sample.OC curves then used to determine the number of 20/32 samples to run to avoid a type II error.