It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:33 pm 

Toledo, I was being totally sarcastic about Harding being too small, directed at Mudville21. Just read my other posts about him. I was his biggest fan on Ramblermania.

Would be nice to have him transfer here from Iowa...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:07 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Toledo, I was being totally sarcastic about Harding being too small, directed at Mudville21. Just read my other posts about him. I was his biggest fan on Ramblermania.

Right on! I got ya. I still think it's crazy how fluid college basketball is now. One year Sheldon Edwards is torching us at Valpo... a couple months later he's projected in our starting 5!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:22 am 

swellafelon wrote:

Swellafelon It's nice to be remembered and know to know I had such a profound impact on you! :lol: However, Drew is slowly but surely recruiting longer and taller players.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:27 pm 

Interesting note from the Illinois 247 reporter:

Off topic of Illinois, but had someone tell me that Loyola is out (or probably out) on Ty Pence now after taking the Rubin twins from Simeon. Don’t think they want to take another HS guy in ‘23 to keep some portal flexibility.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:42 pm 

That is very interesting. Ty Pence is probably the guy I would have liked to have the most, but overall I agree with this strategy. Valentine has shown a fantastic ability to recruit the portal. I think the team this year may be the most athletic team we've ever had, so we'll see how all the portal guys mesh. I'm very curious to see their strategy with the remaining spots- with Golden leaving, do they have year of Hutson/Rubin or do they go after another big guy assuming Rubin needs a year of bulking up? Of course it would be stupid to assume we don't lose anyone to the portal after this year, so there is a chance we have another year of looking for 4ish portal guys. Too bad on Pence, but I think this is a smart strategy for a top tier mid major team- go for high ceiling high school guys and load up on established college players and let the players battle it out for playing time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:42 pm 

Ramblers41 wrote:
That is very interesting. Ty Pence is probably the guy I would have liked to have the most, but overall I agree with this strategy. Valentine has shown a fantastic ability to recruit the portal. I think the team this year may be the most athletic team we've ever had, so we'll see how all the portal guys mesh. I'm very curious to see their strategy with the remaining spots- with Golden leaving, do they have year of Hutson/Rubin or do they go after another big guy assuming Rubin needs a year of bulking up? Of course it would be stupid to assume we don't lose anyone to the portal after this year, so there is a chance we have another year of looking for 4ish portal guys. Too bad on Pence, but I think this is a smart strategy for a top tier mid major team- go for high ceiling high school guys and load up on established college players and let the players battle it out for playing time

Yeah if you look at the most successful programs at the high mid-major level (San Diego St., VCU, Dayton), their top players are usually transfers down from power conference schools, and then the rest of the roster is 4-year guys. I think it's a good model to imitate, especially with guys that are originally from Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:07 am 

If we sign the Rubin twins during the Early Signing Period that brings the total of committed scholarships for next year to the maximum of 13. Simply put, unless Drew decides to pull a Crean and oversign, we have no more scholarships to give for 2023, to Ty Pence or anybody else.

Now it's true that it is likely that one or more Ramblers will decide to transfer after this season, but until their name is added to the Transfer Portal I don't see how we can in good conscience accept any more '23 commitments. Even just extending additional offers to high school seniors seems problematic, unless as a preferred walk on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:28 pm 

You can watch live the Rubin twins play for their AAU Meanstreets team at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam national championship tournament going on now through next Thursday.

Here's the link:
https://nikeeyb.com/livestream/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:07 am 

The Peach Jam is over and the Rubin twins performed very well against the elite high school talent across the country. EYBL tracks the top performances for each team, and as you can see both Miles and Wesley made the list numerous times. Can’t wait to see them play in the maroon and gold.

MEANSTREETS (IL)
2023 G Daniel Johnson: 15 PTS, 6 REB in vs City Rocks
2023 G Robert Taylor: 12 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST, 2 STL VS
City Rocks
2023 F Miles Rubin: 12 PTS, 6 REB, 2 AST vs City Rocks
2023 F Miles Rubin: 15 PTS, 13 REB, 3 BLK in a win over
Georgia Stars
2023 F Miles Rubin: 10 PTS, 9 REB vs Team Takeover
2023 F Miles Rubin: 14 PTS, 7 REB in a win over The
Family

2023 G Dalen Davis: 13 PTS, 5 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL in a win
over Georgia Stars
2023 G Dalen Davis: 15 PTS, 2 AST vs Florida Rebels
2023 F Wesley Rubin: 17 PTS, 5 REB vs Team Takeover
2023 F Wesley Rubin: 11 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST in a win over
The Family

https://www.theseasonticket.com/news_ar ... w/1232878#

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:12 am 

I think it’s pretty clear that we’re out on him now. However, I think he might be a name to keep an eye on in future years with the way transfers work these days. Especially if he goes somewhere like Illinois State…although, as I type that I notice one of our Assistants liked the post (or Tweet)….so, interesting either way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next