It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:24 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Jbuchholz wrote:
Hey all, I’m 1/2 of the Podcast63 crew.

So that makes you Podcast31.5?

Great article on our 2023 recruits. I never heard about John Blackwell or Joey Hart before. Where did you see that we offered them?

Ha! And yes. I found Joey Hart’s offer on 247sports and I believe I saw John Blackwell’s offer on Twitter. That was one of my inspirations to write about it. At our level, there isn’t one trusted source that has them all. Glad you enjoyed it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:39 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Hey all, I’m 1/2 of the Podcast63 crew. If you want to read about all the players we’ve offered for the 2023 class (all over 6’4” except Brock Harding) give our newest article a look.
https://www.a10talk.com/loyola-chicago-2023-prospect-list/

Updates will be posted roughly monthly!

Great article Buch! Thanks for doing the heavy lifting and providing us the inside scoop.

Also love the podcast, keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:33 pm 

Quote:
Loyola-Chicago: "I have been to their campus a couple of times. I have been to a couple of games this year with my friend Jalen Quinn. He is one of my best friends and he is committed to their program. Amorrow Morgan recruits me from there. Their culture sticks out to me because it is what they base theirselves on. I really like their head coach Drew Valentine as well."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:23 pm 

It was nice to read Podcast 63 article. It kinda proves my point about recruiting taller longer players. Drew apparently gets it. Just imagine our defensive system with longer athletic players 2 through 5. It would be downright scary!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:37 pm 

Top 3 alongside Illinois and Iowa State...that's good company. Hopefully he's not just keeping us in his top 3 to appease his friend, Jalen Quinn! Would be a massive get.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:02 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Top 3 alongside Illinois and Iowa State...that's good company. Hopefully he's not just keeping us in his top 3 to appease his friend, Jalen Quinn! Would be a massive get.

That works out with Custer though! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:02 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:

That works out with Custer though! :lol:

Yeah, you love to see us in recruiting battles with programs like this. Pence and his family are huge Illini fans, but he would be buried on the depth chart there. Iowa St is in Iowa. I think we have a great shot here. He and Quinn are exactly the level of recruit that should go to Loyola...good enough to go Power 6 but would be a developmental prospect at that level. For us, he would probably contribute early.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:52 pm 

Mertz2003 wrote:
[Pence] and Quinn are exactly the level of recruit that should go to Loyola...good enough to go Power 6 but would be a developmental prospect at that level. For us, he would probably contribute early.

So using your logic in the 2022 recruiting thread, in a couple years Martinelli would transfer from Valpo to Loyola, while Pence and Quinn would transfer from Loyola to Illinois.
Is that how recruiting works now in the age of the Transfer Portal? And are you okay with it?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:59 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Mertz2003 wrote:
[Pence] and Quinn are exactly the level of recruit that should go to Loyola...good enough to go Power 6 but would be a developmental prospect at that level. For us, he would probably contribute early.

So using your logic in the 2023 recruiting thread, in a couple years Martinelli would transfer from Valpo to Loyola, while Pence and Quinn would transfer from Loyola to Illinois.
Is that how recruiting works now in the age of the Transfer Portal? And are you okay with it?

It doesn't matter how I feel about it...that is definitely the way things are trending. However, our culture and successful tournament runs have allowed us to keep our players from looking to transfer up. I think our culture gives us a competitive advantage in this environment. Plus, I think the A-10 is a high enough level that you don't see many of the top teams' best players looking to transfer up. My one big concern is that the major programs can offer significant NIL deals even for role players. I don't see Loyola players being able to generate significant NIL revenue for a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:05 pm 

I'd also like to point out that the reason we have very few returning players next year is that a lot of the freshmen we had that weren't good enough to contribute right away left the program over the last couple years. In today's recruiting environment, you have to be weary of signing developmental prospects that aren't completely bought into a long-term process. It's also almost impossible to know who is truly bought in for the long term.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next