It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:50 pm 

Im not sure its fair to call it a flash in the pan, the success starts with Milt and runs through today. Many teams would kill for 3 tournaments in 5 years with a Final Four and a Sweet 16 in that time frame. We play for titles now, thats the standard. Are we going to have some years better than others, absolutely that's the game, but I dont think we have an mid 80s into the 90s drop coming, not with the way the schools prioritized athletics since Steve got here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:23 pm 

I am not concerned about having small players. We may not be able to win a national championship with small players, but there are plenty of teams that don't have players over 6'7'' that make deep runs in the tournament and win conference championships. There are a number of teams that have big players that don't make a deep run. The three point line has made it possible for small teams to make extended runs.

I am concerned that we captured lightning in a bottle over the last 5 years. It is especially concerning now that we are down 9 players from last year. With that said, I believe that our Coach Drew, his staff and the administration will make it happen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:15 pm 

I think we have to have some (more than one) capable taller players (6'8" plus) with some length to compete with the bigger teams in the A10. It's possible to win with speed and hops and three point shooting with nobody significant over 6'7". But the A10 has more teams with strong inside presence than the MVC (think Osun Osunniyi, Luka Brajkovic, Sam Mennenga, Clifton Moore, Josh Oduro, etc.) Then you've got teams that play a quasi-positionless basketball like VCU and Dayton-- they'll run five fast and athletic guys between 6'3" and 6'8" at you. There's going to be some radically different looks in the A10; the teams are far more varied than the MVC in how they're built to play.

Having two inside players at 6'8" or better is a great insurance policy against cold outside shooting and dominating inside scorers. That's basically the difference between this year's team (out in the first round) and last year's team (Sweet Sixteen). Imagine what it would be like if we didn't have five seniors and a junior playing all the other positions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:29 pm 

Again, it comes down to what you want your program to be. Gonzaga and play for National Championships or Butler and have your 15 minutes of fame. What many of are describing is not chasing National Championships every year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:34 pm 

It took Gonzaga a long time to get to that point. I hope we can recruit that level of player, too, but also keep in mind (since you mentioned national championships) that they and we have both been to two Final Fours.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:12 pm 

Hey all, I’m 1/2 of the Podcast63 crew. If you want to read about all the players we’ve offered for the 2023 class (all over 6’4” except Brock Harding) give our newest article a look.
https://www.a10talk.com/loyola-chicago-2023-prospect-list/

Updates will be posted roughly monthly!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:00 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Hey all, I’m 1/2 of the Podcast63 crew. If you want to read about all the players we’ve offered for the 2023 class (all over 6’4” except Brock Harding) give our newest article a look.

Great article! Harding isn’t even listed, much be too short

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:18 am 

Dansen wrote:
Jbuchholz wrote:

Great article! Harding isn’t even listed, much be too short

Ha! I will be adding Harding to the next edition. That will probably be out in a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:19 am 

That was awesome....Richard Barron is from St. Iggies......
Do you know how many transfer portal people we have officially offered? (I know...we always want more!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:48 am 

Jbuchholz wrote:
Hey all, I’m 1/2 of the Podcast63 crew.

So that makes you Podcast31.5?

Great article on our 2023 recruits. I never heard about John Blackwell or Joey Hart before. Where did you see that we offered them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next