It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:29 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
This proves two things:

1. Drew Valentine reads Ramblermania, and

2. Swella is a recruiting guru.

Impressive!

Watched a few minutes of his tape. Good range and a quick release. Seems to have good vision and can pass with either hand. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:32 pm 

I've actually seen Brock Harding listed at 5' 11"as well. But there is video of him dunking in a recent game.

Now Drew needs to offer the 7'3" Polish Hammer, and swella will be one happy camper.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:46 am 

Harding reminds me a bit of Baylor Hebb, perhaps more dynamic. and maybe a better shooter?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:21 pm 

I Agee with previous comment. He reminded me of Baylor Heeb. Quite honestly, we got to stop recruiting undersized guards. We need to recruit bigger kids who are physically ready to play D1 basketball. Also stop the comparisons to Braden. There was D1 tape on Braden and he had the benefit of sitting out a year. These kids now, if they don't play...they just transfer out. I would rather miss with a 6'8" kid than a 6' kid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:44 am 

The leading scorer on Davidson was 6'0" Foster Loyer. They made the Tournament.

The second leading scorer on VCU was 6'1" Adrian Baldwin Jr. They made the Tournament.

Both Loyer and Baldwin were second team all-conference. 6'0" sophomore Yuri Collins from St. Louis was first team all-conference.

And next year's A-10 champion Loyola Chicago has a starting backcourt of 6'0' Braden Norris and 6'1' Marquise Kennedy.

Your contention that small guards can't have success in the A-10 is baloney.

And just where do you figure Loyola is going to find 6'8" high school point guards with college-ready bodies? If any exist, they are going to Duke or Kentucky, not Loyola.

Unlike you, I am not ready to completely abandon the model of bringing in high school recruits and developing them, physically and skill wise. Not all are going to transfer for immediate playing time. Some will see the bigger picture.

I can kinda see the Baylor Hebb comparison. He had some slick moves too, but Harding's slick moves are executed at 78rpm while Hebb's were 33rpm. Harding is fast twitch personified.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:27 am 

swellafelon wrote:

The second leading scorer on VCU was 6'1" Adrian Baldwin Jr. They made the Tournament.

Both Loyer and Baldwin were second team all-conference. 6'0" sophomore Yuri Collins from St. Louis was first team all-conference.

And next year's A-10 champion Loyola Chicago has a starting backcourt of 6'0' Braden Norris and 6'1' Marquise Kennedy.

And just where do you figure Loyola is going to find 6'8" high school point guards with college-ready bodies? If any exist, they are going to Duke or Kentucky, not Loyola.

Unlike you, I am not ready to completely abandon the model of bringing in high school recruits and developing them, physically and skill wise. Not all are going to transfer for immediate playing time. Some will see the bigger picture.

I can kinda see the Baylor Hebb comparison. He had some slick moves too, but Harding's slick moves are executed at 78rpm while Hebb's were 33rpm. Harding is fast twitch personified.

Last edited by BringBackBo on Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:30 am 

Talk about slick moves, at about the 3:30 mark of the Brock Harding video he replicates a classic Pete Maravich move against Jerry West, shown at around the :35 mark of this video:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Compare the two, and tell me I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:32 am 

BringBackBo wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

Weird segue to praise one short guard and then suggest an entire short backcourt would enjoy similar success.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:48 am 

We already have a big guard/wing on the roster, Thomas, who, IMHO, showed signs of being a really good player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next