It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:59 am 

Ok the inability of Loyola to schedule P5 games was an issue to PM as was the one bid MVC status.

SO LETS PUT THE FIRST ISSUE TO A TEST.

NOW THAT PM IS AT OKLAHOME, WHAT ARE THE ODDS THAT OU WILL GIVE US A HOME AND HOME WHICH MEANS AT THE JOE/
I'M NOT TALKING A GAME IN NORMAN NOR EVEN AT THE UC OR WINTRUST AS PART OF A DOUBLEHEADER.

I'm talking a flat out game at the Joe.

It would be great for PM to come back and receive a standing ovation as a show of appreciation for his work at Loyola and to help out a mid major get that P5 game. Only a one for one at the Joe would be needed to show true colors.

Post subject: Re: WHAT ARE THE ODDS?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:07 pm 

I am going to say zero.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:09 pm 

Agreed, zero. He has no loyalty, or will show any good graces, to Loyola.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:10 pm 

I’ll give PM the benefit of the doubt and say.....2%. Unless it was a term in a buyout, but I’m not sure he even had one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm 

I think there's a better chance that Valentine's connection to MSU gets us something with them. Although MSU will be at Battle 4 Atlantis so maybe not next year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm 

Im sure Porter is ALL IN on a home & home which is to say that if he gets a better offer for that schedule slot he wont think twice and just take that. 0% it happens we get a home and home with them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:44 pm 

LOL I think people need to cool it with the Porter hate. It's fine to vent in the immediate aftermath, but it's time to get over it. Coaches leave, even from top-tier programs. It happens.

We've got a young new coach, who knows how to recruit, with a brother on the Bulls. We have wedged ourselves onto every local kid's radar, and could make a good argument that we are THE cbb program in the city of Chicago. We just took down big brother, decisively, in the tourney. We haven't lost any recruits over Porter's leaving. Hell, two of the greatest players in school history could still come back. The future is bright, just enjoy the ride.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:47 pm 

So here is an interesting Loyalty question......has PM told Drew that he will not poach any of our players ????

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:55 pm 

To be fair, he was loyal when he didn’t take the St. John’s job. I don’t hate Porter or anything, and I do appreciate everything he did for the school, but I personally feel he made the wrong choice. Baylor, Kansas, Texas, West Virginia, and Texas Tech will all be better than Oklahoma next year. Porter has a whole new set of problems now, and he doesn’t have guys that are fully bought-in to win with. He knows he’s going to take a ton of losses next year in conference play....and like it or not, he’s now officially on the clock. He’s not going to get 3 years to go 31-62 (with padded wins against D2 schools) to keep his job like he did here. If he’s at a the same point after year 3 that he was with Loyola, he’s getting fired. Oklahoma has football money to buy him out if he fails.

The only way he signs for a home game in Gentile next year is if we have a mass exodus so he can come back, take a bow, hug sister Jean in front of the cameras and leave. If he isn’t guaranteed to be able to do that, he’s going to stay the hell away. I’m not interested in giving him that opportunity. It doesn’t benefit us in any way.

Oklahoma fans and alumni aren’t like Loyola fans and alumni. He’s not beloved anymore. All the good will he carried with him got set back to zero on Saturday. We all bought into his coach speak because of the results - and unless he wins immediately - they won’t. H

If Porter came to Gentile and lost to ANY Loyola team next year, whether it’s loaded with the old gang or not, he would immediately get pummeled by Sooners fans/media in the first month of his tenure.

We have the Battle for Atlantis next year - so we don’t need his help in scheduling. Unless he wants to make a sizable donation to a scholarship fund in sister jeans name to the university with his new, big paycheck, I don’t want him anywhere near our campus.

Porter can enjoy his pretty little surrey with the fringe on top, while he’s trying to make Oklahoma “Ok.” . From here on out, every day is Valentine’s Day in Rogers Park for me! Feel the love.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:10 pm 

This is a great question. Do think it’s the ultimate “walk the walk if you talk the talk” in that PM legitimately decried that Loyola couldn’t schedule with the P5. I’d like to see it, but put the odds at 25% or less, or a home and home will be scheduled with us going to Norman and a buy out so he won’t have to come back. That’s just reality of basketball scheduling these days.

I hope he does schedule it and give a good chance to Coach V and the guys, but we will see.