It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Oregon State
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:45 am 

I thought we could post stuff about our 3rd round opponent here until JCT posts his preview. Then maybe ahunte could merge the threads.

People like me with ADHD who are impulsive with poor time management skills need this accommodation.

First little tidbit is that in the preseason Oregon State was picked to finish LAST in the Pac12 Conference.

Post subject: Re: Oregon State
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:47 am 

swellafelon wrote:
I thought we could post stuff about our 3rd round opponent here until JCT posts his preview. Then maybe ahunte could merge the threads.

People like me with ADHD who are impulsive with poor time management skills need this accommodation.

First little tidbit is that in the preseason Oregon State was picked to finish LAST in the Pac12 Conference.

They've looked really impressive in wins over Tennessee and Oklahoma State.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:58 am 

They look like a very solid, gritty team. Watched a little of the Tennessee game and most of Ok State, tough defensively, they rebound really well, excellent foul shooting team. They did take a lot of wild jump and 3 shots, first half against OK St they were falling, 2nd half struggled but they got a ton of freebies to pad their lead. Their center Silva looks like a load, listed at 7’1 but think Krut outweighs him. Overall they play a hard as a team, it’s a good clash of similar styles. Can’t wait for JCT’s preview of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 am 

What I'm kinda concerned about is that, however much Porter preaches against it, we will have an emotional let down as a presumptive favorite playing a non-rival 11th seed after coming off the high of beating a 1 seed intrastate rival as a 7 point underdog.

This seems unavoidable to me, but I hope it only lasts for the first few minutes of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 am 

Loyola opens as a 6.5 favorite

I prefer playing as a dog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:21 am 

Watching them last night, they reminded me more of a really good MVC team than a top Power 5 conference team. I don’t mean that as a bad thing. They’re not a team of super athletes. They’re a group of a few big dudes, and some solid guards. It’ll be tough, just like any other tournament game is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:40 am 

Here's a very interesting tidbit I just dug up. Not quite 100% sure it's accurate, but pretty sure.

Oregon State's head coach is Wayne Tinkle. That name sounded familiar. Then I remembered WAY BACK in the day when I was an undergrad the Dean of Students was named...Wayne Tinkle. I recall in those simpler hippie days when we were protesting there were students carrying signs that said "Sink the Tink".

I am pretty sure the OSU coach is Tink's son.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/136 ... lin-tinkle

Edit: confirmation:

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/12-sports/2 ... ynes-world

Last edited by swellafelon on Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:51 am 

He is. He talked about how meaningful it is playing Loyola Chicago in the sweet 16 since he grew up on our campus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:04 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
He is. He talked about how meaningful it is playing Loyola Chicago in the sweet 16 since he grew up on our campus.

Small world.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:06 am 

Porter's Jacket and other Twitter influencers. Please start using this hashtag to make this old man happy by combining nostalgia with trash talk, two of my favorite things:

#SinktheTink

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next