It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:00 pm 

No shame in a Sweet Sixteen, great team, great run. This does sting though, we played our worst half of basketball and worst shooting day at the worst time. Lot of ifs and buts this game but credit to Oregon state, they played hard, had great defense, their zone got us and combined with poor shooting we couldn’t overcome. Can’t help but feel we left some meat on the bone of this season, this was still a winnable game and we just didn’t capitalize or play particularly smart this game. Takes a lot of luck to win the tourney though and know our guys gave it their all.

Great season Loyola, thanks for a great run and being a fun bunch to root for.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm 

Congrats to Oregon State. They played fantastic against us... Great game plan, gutting it out. In many ways, they beat us at our own game. Yet still, we had plenty of opportunities to win. At one point we were 1 of 13 on threes. Missed some bunnies inside, missed seven free throws.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:09 pm 

What a gut wrenching loss. I posted on the previous thread that I was more worried about this game than I was against Illinois because of the way Oregon State matches up against us. They play really solid team basketball and have a strong defense.

We came out looking great, but a couple of early fouls threw our guys off their game. Lucas and Keith both struggled from three today, missing some wide open shots that they usually make. Same with Norris...missed a clutch open 3 late in the game. Krut was frustrated inside and couldn't really get his usual spacing.

At one point in the 2nd half, we had 5 defensive stops but couldn't convert on the offensive end. The 7 missed free throws certainly didn't help.

Nonetheless, I hope the team walks away from this with their heads held high. All things considered, this has been a great season. The groundwork has been set to allow Loyola to continue being a contender on a consistent basis.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm 

OK !! We got beat. I have a thought. For all you guys that had Porter leaving LUC for greener pastures--Let Porter be FIRED !! REASON--His team lost a game they should have won !!! That might satisfy you guys !!

AS for me GO RAMBLERS Keep Krut and Williamson for one more year

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:16 pm 

I agree rambler303, no shame in a sweet sixteen run. It was a great season, and we beat the number 1 seed. I'd say the Ramblers were successful this year. And for that, I'm happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:20 pm 

This loss just sucked my soul out. I'm happy Krut and Lucas weren't crying at the end or I would have been a ball of tears too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:21 pm 

LU Rambler12 wrote:
Nonetheless, I hope the team walks away from this with their heads held high. All things considered, this has been a great season. The groundwork has been set to allow Loyola to continue being a contender on a consistent basis.

This times 1000. Said it all year that we’ll need to make threes to win in the tournament, especially against zones. But some days the shots just don’t fall. Tough group of kids. Great group of Seniors. Great foundation for the future.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:24 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
This loss just sucked my soul out. I'm happy Krut and Lucas weren't crying at the end or I would have been a ball of tears too.

hehe...you weren't looking close enough. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:37 pm 

Tough way to go. Definitely had our opportunities, but the foul trouble really hurt us. They built the lead in the first half with Keith, Lucas, and Aher all on the bench. I wonder if Porter would handle that differently if he could do it again.

I thought we played good defense, but their length hurt us on both ends. Main thing was they hit a bunch of really tough jumpers.

Just left so many points out here. Still had that loose ball end up in Norris's hands with a chance to make make it a two point game.

Just tough. I'm mostly bummed that I never got to cheer for this team in person.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:40 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Tough way to go. Definitely had our opportunities, but the foul trouble really hurt us. They built the lead in the first half with Keith, Lucas, and Aher all on the bench. I wonder if Porter would handle that differently if he could do it again.

Yeah, that was tough to watch. I'm surprised Welch didn't see more minutes in this game to help offset some of the height advantage. Porter chose to go with Coop, but he didn't seem willing to take his open shots...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next