It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:56 pm 

Just posted on LU athletic website
Michigan State, Baylor, Connecticut, Auburn, Syracuse, Arizona State, VCU and LU////now that is some respect..!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:11 am 

This is great - will give us some big games early on and give the guys a great experience. Hopefully covid is in the rear view mirror and it's a Rambler beach party!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 am 

With Atlantis in place, I think it would make it very tempting for EVERYONE to come back next year....

If Porter, Krut and Williamson.... and anyone else that wants to stay.... combined with the Ivy boys, even if/when we lose some players, Loyola will be a top ranked team to start the season. They might even be in the top 10.

With a high preseason ranking, I would have to think the rest of our non con schedule would get beefed up with teams like Marquette, Creighton, Louisville, and some big ten teams looking to schedule us to try and improve their resume.

This ADD makes decisions a lot harder for a lot of people....

Outstanding job to get this done!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 am 

I also expect Drake to be in the top 25 at the beginning of the season so SOS could be at historic levels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:10 am 

It will be interesting to see how everything plays out....

If the argument against the Valley is it's a 1 bid league .... the rules change with the pandemic may be something that benefits it, as there are going to be several strong teams in the conference next year, and a lot of the power conference leaders are going to lose some people.

There is no reason that, if people decide to stay, we won't be a two-bid league again next year.

I really don't think it can be denied that the Valley, right now is trending up over the past 4 years, despite everyone thinking it was going to trend down when Wichita State left.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:50 am 

Not everybody thought that the Valley was going to trend down after Wichita State left. I didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:09 pm 

JC64 wrote:
Not everybody thought that the Valley was going to trend down after Wichita State left. I didn't.

Agreed. It was more the public perception that the Valley would trend downward when Wichita State left... I hoped that Loyola would rise up and fill the void, but realistically, I thought it was going to be Northern Iowa.

I would have to be honest and say, in 2017, I didn't have complete faith that we would bring this much success to the conference over 4 years... And I certainly didn't think that DRAKE and LOYOLA were going to be the ones to raise the conference's profile back back then.