It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rece Davis
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 pm 

I turned on the pregame on ESPN. Rece Davis went on and on about how Illinois by 7.5 was a gift. Loyola would be run out of the building. Bilas and the others agreed with him. It was incredible. They talked about Loyola for about thirty seconds and then went on and on about the Illinois-Oklahoma State match up. This was sweet.

Incredibly well executed game plan, great senior leadership. It was beautiful. I will miss Williamson and Krutwig, but I will never forget them.

Post subject: Re: Rece Davis
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:16 pm 

F Jay Bilas. He’s always disrespecting us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:23 pm 

Let me pile on...
Joe Lunardi the expert also was smugly suggesting that LUC was going to be a smooth cruise for GT. Also listened to the sports guys on the way home rom Indy and Mad Dog sports was screaming about how bad the Underwood coaching job was today. He could not understand how a team (IL) with so much talent could possibly lose this game. Never gave LUC more props than being a good team.
WE KNOW BETTER...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:46 pm 

It must drive the "big teams " crazy to see anther non football school rise--Us-- Most all the wise pundits favored ILLINI NOW the almighty Little 10 is kaput--We and our Spokane Pals are STILL dancing---What do you make of that?? Maybe Kellogg et al are just a bunch of lemmings as it were.
Now then our magnificent team will march on

Great times coming !!! How proud I am !!! GO RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:53 pm 

brot4britu wrote:
... We and our Spokane Pals are STILL dancing---

I would go with “brethren” or “kindred spirits”. But “Pals” work as well.

And what a Blessing ... you guys having Sister Jean. We lost our Father Tony VERY early in this “cute little run” ...

Many schools/programs don’t have that special connection.

https://gozags.com/news/2006/2/22/Bronz ... es_Fr_Tony

Mark Few quote ... December, 2000 (his first year as h.c.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:37 pm 

Hey Zags,

What is the ticket situation for Gonzaga? Is the gym sold out with season tickets? Waiting lists? Pricing?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:50 am 

GoZags wrote:
brot4britu wrote:
... We and our Spokane Pals are STILL dancing---

I would go with “brethren” or “kindred spirits”. But “Pals” work as well.

And what a Blessing ... you guys having Sister Jean. We lost our Father Tony VERY early in this “cute little run” ...

Many schools/programs don’t have that special connection.

https://gozags.com/news/2006/2/22/Bronz ... es_Fr_Tony

brothers and sisters in Christ and the Jesuit secret society

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:02 am 

Rece Davis at least made fun of himself. He said he meant Baylor - not Illinois.

Bilas was on ESPN this morning and just dismissed Loyola. He said Illinois had a bad day. What a jerk.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:12 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Hey Zags,

What is the ticket situation for Gonzaga? Is the gym sold out with season tickets? Waiting lists? Pricing?

First ... it wasn't always this way. GU changed from NAIA to D1 in 1959. When I was in school, we played in the Big Sky Conference ... at Kennedy Pavilion (later deemed "The Kennel"). In 1980 we joined the West Coast Conference ... and it wasn't easy as one of the requirements was that home games were to be played in the Spokane Coliseum (now rebuilt as the Spokane Arena ... 1.5 miles from campus). A few years into WCC league play our AD convinced the WCC that we could play our home games on campus ... in the Kennel by saying it seated 4,000 (it only seated 2,516 ... I know ... I counted them by walking the gym once). After back to back to back Sweet 16's (and beyond) 1999-2001 (the start of this run of consecutive NCAA dances) plans were made for a new gym ... right next (and connected to) the old one. It seats 6,000 ... 1,200 of which go to students. Demand for tickets is high ... almost entirely go to Season Ticket holders who are also donors (ie members of the Bulldog Club). Here are a couple of short videoclips of K2 (Kennel 2). The first (University of Washington game) was taken 1 row behind my seats (I live 300 miles away and share a pair of seats with another Seattle buddy).

Edited to add: When the Bulldog Club membership and tickets are added up ... it's probably between $80 and $100 a ticket. Demand certainly exceeds supply ... as on the open market you can easily triple that. And that's one of the problems ... as many business folks have seats to be "there" and many Zags/Zag fans can't get in. Over Christmas break the student section gets sold ... but without the students the atmosphere certainly isn't the same. Zag fans can go to games at the University of Portland quite easily (350 miles away) ... and the "Battle in Seattle" (300 miles away) will return with the new NHL arena. This is a "neutral/neutral" series played off campus ... i.e UConn the return game was played in the Boston Garden (or modern version of it) .. the Illini return was played at the United Center in Chicago ... Arizona was played at the Phoenix Suns place ... Kansas State was played in Wichita ...

Also the WCC tourney (Las Vegas) is where many non-season ticket holders see the Zags. Probably 6,500 of the 8,500 seats are sold to Zag fans. Sorry for the long, rambling response (pun intented) to your simple question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NYpqgmsTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJbOCbiQSI

Mark Few quote ... December, 2000 (his first year as h.c.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 am 

Rambler88 wrote:
Rece Davis at least made fun of himself. He said he meant Baylor - not Illinois.

Bilas was on ESPN this morning and just dismissed Loyola. He said Illinois had a bad day. What a jerk.

Bilas is the kind of guy who would take the last place team in the ACC over a champion in a mid major.