It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Enjoying This Moment
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:22 pm 

bgilmore06 wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:
I'm enjoying the moment, but I'm extremely concerned about our shooting going into Saint Louis... Shooting 3s in an empty, cavernous, NBA style arena isn't going to make things easy for our long-range shooters.

For what it's worth, here's data on the last three seasons of LU three-point percentage in the regular season vs. such percentage at Arch Madness in STL.

17-18: 39.6% regular season, 32.3% Arch Madness
18-19: 36.6% regular season, 38.8% AM
19-20: 36.7% regular season, 41.2% AM
20-21: 35.4% regular season

In the last two seasons we've outperformed our season percentages - hopefully that trend continues! But even if we drop down in percentage and shoot, say, 30%... that's substantially better than we shot over the weekend against SIU.

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I don't believe three point shooting will be the cause of our demise in this tournament.

LOVE the stats. It makes me happy to know my recollection about 2018 team shooting three better at AM was right. I guess maybe my mind isn't shot after all!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:26 pm 

This past year with COVID was such a downer and this team really is so enjoyable to watch. Am I the only one who gets withdrawal when they are not playing? I hope they have a deep run at NCAA because the March Madness will be a little less enjoyable if we go out early!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:35 pm 

Dansen wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:
Wow! Porter just tweeted something interesting and fun about krut and Williamson!

Referenced he would share more about them at the senior banquet... “whatever year that is.”

Could they be coming back?!!!!!

Ha. Porter getting cheeky on Twitter. This scenario would require him to stick around, too...

Abby asked Porter about it on the coach’s show this morning and the accompanying emojis. Porters response:

“That’s the fun thing about emojis, Abby. They can create a lot of speculation” said with a big grin on his face. Maybe we’ll get lucky...

Here's hoping Porter and your seniors do stick around for a 5th year. Here in Cedar Falls, we have a nice senior night for the senior basketball managers. None of the seniors participated in senior night, which I take as a pretty strong suggestion that they're planning to stay. There are going to be some really good mid-major teams over the next 4 years because of this COVID-5th year rule. The NCAA might come to regret this decision...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:49 pm 

Tough year for you guys...you can never predict when injuries will happen.....still dont know how I feel about seniors who have played 4 years coming back .seems like an injustice for the kids who have been waiting....I am hoping the NCAA rescinds the rule now that most seniors have played a pretty full year....maybe an exception for those leagues that cancelled like the IVY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm 

Enjoying this!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Tough year for you guys...you can never predict when injuries will happen.....still dont know how I feel about seniors who have played 4 years coming back .seems like an injustice for the kids who have been waiting....I am hoping the NCAA rescinds the rule now that most seniors have played a pretty full year....maybe an exception for those leagues that cancelled like the IVY

I honestly agree with you. I don't think it's very fair, but they could just as easily transfer to another school for a year.
I do empathize with some of the players who have barely played in their careers so far, and likely will not get many minutes in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:10 am 

Chiguy14 wrote:
natetheskate wrote:

I honestly agree with you. I don't think it's very fair, but they could just as easily transfer to another school for a year.
I do empathize with some of the players who have barely played in their careers so far, and likely will not get many minutes in the future.

should just give everyone on a team this year 5 years

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm 

bgilmore06 wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:
I'm enjoying the moment, but I'm extremely concerned about our shooting going into Saint Louis... Shooting 3s in an empty, cavernous, NBA style arena isn't going to make things easy for our long-range shooters.

For what it's worth, here's data on the last three seasons of LU three-point percentage in the regular season vs. such percentage at Arch Madness in STL.

17-18: 39.6% regular season, 32.3% Arch Madness
18-19: 36.6% regular season, 38.8% AM
19-20: 36.7% regular season, 41.2% AM
20-21: 35.4% regular season

In the last two seasons we've outperformed our season percentages - hopefully that trend continues! But even if we drop down in percentage and shoot, say, 30%... that's substantially better than we shot over the weekend against SIU.

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I don't believe three point shooting will be the cause of our demise in this tournament.

Update:
20-21: 35.4% regular season, 49.1% AM

They, indeed, torched the nets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:21 pm 

Congrats to you all. Enjoy the ride, you deserve it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:14 am 

Am I enjoying this season ??? yup !!! to the fullest !!! One of our Pals wrote that we own this league--I agree for now !! The Tourney ?? Well we dominated it by some FIFTY points !!! I n three games total- None were close Good bunch coming in plus our holdovers WOW !!

My bio says I have been a Rambler since1947--Jack Kerris -- 63 you know who--Hunter Rouse Egan et al-- 85 86 Alfredrick and a fellow board member and now THIS !!! Am I lucky or not ??

If we keep doing this we could consider taking VALPO UIC DUQUESNE BONNY ST LOUIS DAYTON BELMONT CANISIUS DETROIT EAST NORTH and W KENTUCKY with us ---Too early to push for this But ---
WOW !!Am I ever on a high this night !! PROUD of our RAMBLERS !!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next