It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:37 pm 

Four straight really bad performances is not how you want to head into to the postseason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:40 pm 

I am currently on vacation at a bar in North Dakota, where North Dakota State lost to southern Illinois in football this afternoon. I have the entire bar of about 55 people cheering for the ramblers. They better not blow this !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm 

We aren't a top 25 ball club. We have 12 2nd half points against a bottom conference team that is missing their best player. Really pathetic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:43 pm 

I’ll be curious when JCT posts what our offensive efficiency numbers were a few weeks back and what they are after this game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:17 pm 

We’ll all miss Krut, but when they both finally leave...I might miss Lucas Williamson more. So many huge plays throughout his career. Another one today with that late rebound.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:18 pm 

Total struggle the past couple weeks, but the bottom line?

Conference champs again.

Fitting way to end that game: Lucas offensive rebound/steal, Krut tip in.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:19 pm 

Admittedly, I'm super negative in these game threads...living and dying with too much emotion. But that sequence in the last 30 seconds says so much about this program, especially our seniors. Lucas absolutely taking the ball away from Filewich...then Krut positioning himself perfectly and hitting the putback to seal it. Great stuff from two true all-time Rambler greats. Three MVC championships in their four years here and four 20 win seasons---UNREAL, UNPRECEDENTED.

Now back to negative self...we are broken offensively. Four straight games of just putrid offense. Despite our absolutely stout defense, it'll be a short March if we don't figure things out on offense. The 3's stopped falling, we are missing layups, we aren't feeding cutters anymore. So much wrong on that end.

All that being said, go Braves! (insert mouthwash).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:26 pm 

Over two games we were 8-45 from 3. SIU was 19-34. We still won both games, and held them under 69 points both games, including an overtime game.

Yes, we’ve played terrible on offense. (Why we become a stand-around/isolation team on last second possessions is mind boggling. We aren’t that type of offense). But.....we found a way to win. Everyone remembers the Final Four run....many forget the struggle in the first two games of the conference tournament that year to even make the Tournament. But we knew how to win. I think that’s a definite positive to build on from these rough few weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm 

01grad wrote:
(Why we become a stand-around/isolation team on last second possessions is mind boggling. We aren’t that type of offense).

This drives me crazy. We just give away those possessions. Lucky to get them back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:31 pm 

Get the bile out of the system now! When you win that says a lot about when you are far from your best.
So on to the MVC tourney and lets rebound with three great performances. Certainly we won't be complacent.
Hats off to Brian Mullins and his staff. They kept their team in the game and almost pulled it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next