It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: And so it begins...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 am 

I'm just saying there's a time and place for everything.

You're like the insurance salesman who's a guest at a wedding and engages the bride and groom in a long conversation about estate planning and whole life insurance.

Important subjects. But they can wait. Let the couple enjoy the moment!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 am 

swellafelon wrote:
I'm just saying there's a time and place for everything.

You're like the insurance salesman who's a guest at a wedding and engages the bride and groom in a long conversation about estate planning and whole life insurance.

Important subjects. But they can wait. Let the couple enjoy the moment!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:30 am 

swellafelon wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
Only so much talking we can do about the tourney before we know our seeding, opponent, etc. Think it is OK if we have a topic dedicated to a pretty important topic (national pundits are talking about it, after all).

All we need now is to have ramblermgr start posting updates about how our 2023-24 nonconference schedule is shaping up and, combined with this thread, my head will explode!

Uh oh, everyone be careful you might upset Swella. He would never try to upset anybody else

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:36 am 

You mean to say I'm not always positively delightful?!?

I promise for the duration of the Ramblers' run in March Madness I will behave myself and not engage in any of my annoying Frolics and Detours.

After that all bets are off.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm 

Twitter is reporting lots of players in MVC jumping into the transfer portal, not just from ISU. I think LU broke the conference with their domination! Seriously, these transfer rules will hurt college basketball and mid-majors in particular. Can you imagine you recruit a kid, build a program around him and all of a sudden he up and leaves? Its like 16" softball recruiting!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:26 pm 

Mudville21 wrote:
Twitter is reporting lots of players in MVC jumping into the transfer portal, not just from ISU. I think LU broke the conference with their domination! Seriously, these transfer rules will hurt college basketball and mid-majors in particular. Can you imagine you recruit a kid, build a program around him and all of a sudden he up and leaves? Its like 16" softball recruiting!

Donovan Clay (Valpo) put his name in the transfer portal. Add most of the returning players from 4th place ISU, and it's going to make a dent in the strength of the league.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:36 pm 

Dont you think a lot of this is a reaction to the 5th year for everyone rule? (ISUb maybe the coaching change) I really wish they would change it.....I am guessing the main reason for the rule was the pandemic....thought kids and teams would not play depriving seniors of their last year...but as it turned out almost everyone played a fairly complete schedule....THe IVY League being the outlier.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:40 pm 

I'm taking a wait and see approach on the transfer portal for a few reasons.

1) Just because a player puts his name in the portal doesn't mean he's actually going to leave. Players pull their name out all the time. I suspect with a free transfer rule most likely going into effect, some players will just test the waters and will ultimately come back.

2) I suspect some of the ISUb players are going to stay if they promote an assistant coach to head coach. Let's wait and see who they hire.

3) There could also be impact transfers into the conference. Drake has done a great job of building their team through the transfer process. Porter has done a great job using the portal too. And we don't know who might transfer into the MVC at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:48 am 

JCT wrote:
Mudville21 wrote:

Donovan Clay (Valpo) put his name in the transfer portal. Add most of the returning players from 4th place ISU, and it's going to make a dent in the strength of the league.

At the same time, everyone from Drake said they are coming back. I think they will be a monster next year.

We will have to wait and see about Loyola's seniors but if they are back, the Ramblers should be in the pre season top 25.

UNI was a pre season favorite in the conference before their injuries but those guys are coming back.

I think Missouri State also has everyone back.

MVC is going to be stacked next year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:17 am 

If Steve Watson left, I would hope the Deputy AD would get the job! She is extremely capable and would provide ccontinuity.

As a general comment, internal promotions promote stability in terms of the teams and recruiting. Lansing was well liked by his team one Sycamore player commented he would withdraw from the porter if an assistant would be chosen to replace Lansing.
As a sidebar, I hope Lansing lands somewhere good. He is a credit to coaching and the MVC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next