It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: And so it begins...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:34 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
I know money is a big factor but why go to one of those big name schools? They won't have the patience of an LU. The pressure will be on from Day 1 and it takes time to build the program the way he has here.

Depaul is the one school that I don't want Porter to go to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:40 pm 

DeVries as a "locked in" target should Kansas State move on was an interesting tidbit in that article... Devries likely has a once and a lifetime chance to choose from a few jobs along with his son who's going to be a freshman next season (and could play at the HM level).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:23 pm 

For the present PM is going nowhere. I firmly believe this. I think he feels the job is just starting to bear fruit--- I truly feel he is cut from the same mold as G Ireland, R Meyer Wooden et al He is NOT done at LUC--Not by a long shot. PM makes LOYOLA the Gonzaga of the Midwest Then it MIGHT be time to move on and take the money. Also there STILL IS such a thing as LOYALTY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 pm 

Creighton didn't show up to play tonight. They were down 19 at halftime. It will be interesting to see how their season plays out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 am 

Nice article in today'sSUN RIMES re our RAMBLERS----Compared us favorably with the TEN THE TRIB ???? NADA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:20 pm 

Long time lurker finally posting. All the excitement lately has inspired me.

Saw this in The Atlantic - “Porter Moser, head coach, Loyola Chicago. One source told me, “There’s a 2 percent chance Porter Moser is the coach at Loyola next year.” In other words … there’s a chance! Three years after taking the Ramblers to the Final Four, Moser has led them to another Missouri Valley Conference championship and is heading back to the NCAA Tournament. He should have his pick of several high-quality jobs in the Midwest, including in his native Chicago at DePaul. Moser could also be an attractive option at BC, which, like Loyola, is a private Catholic school in a big city.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:35 pm 

Maybe The Atlantic's source is speculation on this board.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:49 am 

Pup63 welcome and keep posting...2 percent chance...that is about as bleak as I have heard..all these talking heads and on line dailys have to have something to get people to hit the button. and there is nothing like anxiety to make you turn the page. .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:27 am 

They mention BC but I believe he immediately turned down anything to do with them.

Furthermore, I'll reiterate what I've said before. Porter knows that schools have a short leash when it comes to winning. Basically win by year 3-4 or you're gone. Fitz at NU knows this. You stay where your bread is buttered.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 am 

GoRamblers wrote:
They mention BC but I believe he immediately turned down anything to do with them.

Furthermore, I'll reiterate what I've said before. Porter knows that schools have a short leash when it comes to winning. Basically win by year 3-4 or you're gone. Fitz at NU knows this. You stay where your bread is buttered.

I think that's how I would view it if I were in Porter's shoes. Tempting to move to a multi-bid league, but there are downsides such as -- as you say -- you could be gone in four years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 42  Next