It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:24 pm 

I didn't see the game. What should/could he have done?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

ahunte1 wrote:
I didn't see the game. What should/could he have done?

Good question. True, we were up by 12 in the second half, but there were 15 loooonnnngggg minutes left to go in the game. We missed 6 free throws in the second half, but the coach can't shoot the freebies. We played 4 guys off the bench in the first half, but two of them combined for 0 points, 0 rebounds, 5 fouls and 2 turnovers in only 4 minutes on the court-- so they were wisely held out as the clock ticked down in crunch time. So we essentially had 7 players available, and only one taller than 6'4".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 pm 

Thanks, 63.

You're right. Coach can't shoot the free throws for them. Does anyone think they aren't practicing them? Didn't Christian Thomas set a school record by making like 30 in a row over the end of his freshman year into the beginning of last year? I wonder what happened.

If we did play zone as someone suggested, that certainly makes it tougher to rebound. But without Osborne playing the Averkamp role, we are simply out-manned inside. When Cody Johnson and King were able to play some productive minutes against Milwaukee, we won. Sounds like they couldn't last night, and that hurt us.

That said, make the free throws and we might win anyway.

Last edited by ahunte1 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:27 pm 

Correct ! Freebies are points !! But then out rebounding the opponent is where it all starts--We were lacking in both !! No question.

OK That is that --now TULANE--Daughter Paula's Alma Mater--What do they have ? What can we do t against them to win ??

Advise---Thanks !!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Tulane plays tonight (Wednesday) at Southern University, a SWAC team that played Marquette pretty close in their first game. I'll post a preview after I've had a chance to evaluate what Tulane does in that game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:55 pm 

If they had Josh Davis still, we would be in BIG trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:43 am 

I think we really need to wait for Osbourne to come back before we judge our season because he is a big part inside. I think as Jeremy and Cody get more time this year they will be able to help out inside. While that was a tough loss and one that shouldn't have happened I think it is way too early to talk about firing Porter. The free throws are a big problem and they need to improve but not much coach can do about that. The rebounding will get better when Osbourne comes back and I really think King needs to be getting more time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm 

As for PM--I stand by what I wrote way back in the beginning--IF he does not win and win a lot, he is a goner.

--He appears to be an excellent recruiter--of guards--Jury is out on BIGS--
---------If vwe subsribe to the story of mid-majors and cannot get great players, then we are doome to medioocrity--His job is to lift us above that ---see, WSU, Creighton, Butler, Gonzaga et al.--NOTHING LESS

--I do not believe we can hold injuries against him---BUT I truly am sick of them. I do not care about other teams and their hurts.

He has started us upwards as has FR G and Ms C---MORE is needed

Case at hand--Beat TULANE--I say we win 75-72

GO RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm 

As for PM--I stand by what I wrote way back in the beginning--IF he does not win and win a lot, he is a goner.

--He appears to be an excellent recruiter--of guards--Jury is out on BIGS--
---------If vwe subsribe to the story of mid-majors and cannot get great players, then we are doome to medioocrity--His job is to lift us above that ---see, WSU, Creighton, Butler, Gonzaga et al.--NOTHING LESS

--I do not believe we can hold injuries against him---BUT I truly am sick of them. I do not care about other teams and their hurts.

He has started us upwards as has FR G and Ms C---MORE is needed

Case at hand--Beat TULANE--I say we win 75-72

GO RAMBLERS !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8