It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ramblers Memorabilia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:35 am 

A bit random, but does anyone here know a good "source" for Loyola memorabilia? Want to spruce up my "man cave" with more Loyola gear but don't know where to begin looking. Really open to anything but would be particularly focused on Final Four season. Willing to pay top dollar for unique items (game-used jerseys, etc.) as I have set aside a decent budget for this. I think it'd be cool if the Athletic Department did some type of fundraiser where they auctioned off one-of-a-kind Loyola gear.

Also would be interested to hear about your collections--what you have, how you obtained it, etc.

Post subject: Re: Ramblers Memorabilia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:00 pm 

Start with a framed bracket. I got mine from a Villanova fan store in Loyola colors. Appears it’s gone but Walmart has it, you would just need to frame it. Amazon has it too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Villanova-Wi ... gI7LPD_BwE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:08 pm 

So I have gotten a lot of old programs and schedules off of EBAY but be aware there is also a lot of new stuff.....I got a Donte Ingram draft card which was cool....and some of the programs from the doubleheaders at the old Chicago Stadium etc....lots of Sr. Jean stuff and lots of bobble heads.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:10 pm 

When I was a student the athletic department did a table sale for old game worn jerseys and what not from the earlier part of the Whitesell era. I snagged a matching uniform (shorts and jersey) that I have framed in my office as well as a jersey to wear to games which was a cool thing to have prior to the school selling them.

I also have framed copies of the Trib from the Final Four run, a signed ball from that team and some vintage stuff I got off of eBay. Admittedly all this stuff was easier to get pre-2018.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:15 pm 

I have a couple very cool items but discretion prevents me from saying what they are or how I acquired them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:43 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2707

I got this as a gift, I collected the newspapers myself. My gf got the team autographed section of the court from Ebay and it came with the autographed picture of Porter. I got it framed at Bleachers Sports Music and Framing in Winnetka. I went with my favorite games/pictures for the newspaper covers that I used. I had to include the Miami buzzer beater, that was on my birthday. Best birthday I've had, I don't think it could ever be topped after that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:18 pm 

I still have a lot of stuff stored in a box that I need to spend the time to sort and have framed. A friend of mine owns a gallery and will do it, I’m just too lazy/busy to get it prepared. Ticket stubs, final four programs, the scarf and hat I work that year, even a few General Assembly program/calendars from “Loyola University Chicago Day” in Illinois (May 9, 2018, if you’re keeping score at home).

Man that was a fun time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:29 pm 

Blers42 wrote:
http://www.ramblermania.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2707

I got this as a gift, I collected the newspapers myself. My gf got the team autographed section of the court from Ebay and it came with the autographed picture of Porter. I got it framed at Bleachers Sports Music and Framing in Winnetka. I went with my favorite games/pictures for the newspaper covers that I used. I had to include the Miami buzzer beater, that was on my birthday. Best birthday I've had, I don't think it could ever be topped after that.

This is fantastic. Might need to scour eBay some more for stuff like the autographed section of the court.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:29 pm 

Talk to Big Joe!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:02 pm 

eBay has a few basketballs signed by the 2018 team for varying prices. Some are on mini basketballs, some are on full size, some are on special Loyola basketballs. Some also appear to be missing one or two signatures from the 2018 team.

For those who have had pieces signed by players, how did you go about that? Especially now with 2018 players around the globe.

I have my own 2018 "collection" with newspapers, my F4 ticket, program, pins, etc. But I would like to expand and obtain any unique or higher end items, if they are available.