It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New MVC Blog
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:03 pm 

Chiguy14 wrote:
You made some good points about our players. Porter recently made a comment about Tate Hall slowing down and playing smarter, which I think will benefit our team a lot. Also, a point about having a stacked team and Aher possibly playing less minutes, that may be a good thing. It may give him an opportunity to make his minutes count. I think he is a talented and integral player to our team, but it may benefit us if he gets more time to rest.

I'm really interested to see how Braden Norris and Baylor Hebb fit into the rotation, and to see how much Welch and Wojcik improve. They may not get much of a chance to showcase their improvements.

Agree with everything you said here. Loyola is just so dang deep. And if everyone comes back again next year it might be awhile before some very talented players get a platform to showcase what they can do. There are worse problems to have.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:18 pm 

Hey Ramblers,

Two new writeups today. One is the power rankings and summary from week two. The other ranks all the DI conferences by strength (via RPI over the last 7 years). I've also written MVC preview articles, an article highlighting each school's best team of the 21st century (featuring the Ramblers' Final Four team obviously), and an article ranking the top 30 returning players in the MVC this year (featuring Uguak, Kennedy, Clemons, Williamson, Hall and Krutwig).

I've also added an "MVC Resources" page compiling all the MVC fan sites, blogs and podcasts I could find. If you have any I should add, let me know.

https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:52 pm 

Hello Rambler fans,

There are two new posts on the blog this week.

-Week 3 MVC Power Rankings, Summery and Mid Major Tidbits: A decent amount of movement this week.

-Recapping Every Arch Madness Championship Game: Starting with the first St. Louis based MVC Tournament final in 1991, through last season, I recap every Arch Madness final as well as give a short summary of how the MVC did in the postseason that year.  That includes recaps of Loyola's 2018 title with lots of links to videos that will take you down memory lane.

You can also check out my other, older posts including my MVC Season Preview, Every MVC School's Best Team of the 21st Century, The MVC's Top 30 Returning Players, and Every DI Conference Ranked. I also have a page with links to every MVC message board, blog, and podcast that I know of. Let me know if I am missing anything.

Check it all out here: https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 pm 

Hello Rambler Fans,

Rough week but I still think you are the class of the league.

I have two new blog posts this week. The first ranks the MVC coaches. The second is the week four summary, power rankings, and mid-major bits. I have Moser high on the list. It is kind of interesting to see the success he has had, given his terrible tenure at ISU. There are a lot of guys in the league that are looking kind of like Moser did at ISU, but his is a story of having patience and reaping the benefits.

There's lots of other Valley content there as well if you haven't taken a look yet. Next week I am starting a two-part series where I simulate an MVC season (via whatifsports) using each team's best team of the 21st century from my earlier article. Should be fun.

Check it out at www.missourivalleybeat.com/ . Have a great holiday all!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:30 pm 

Awesome, I'm enjoying your articles.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:00 pm 

Chiguy14 wrote:
Awesome, I'm enjoying your articles.

I appreciate it. Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:01 pm 

Hello Ramblers,

Congrats on the awesome start to the MVC season. I just posted the week 5 updated power rankings. I am also using the ten teams from my first article, "Every MVC School's Best Basketball Team of the 20th Century" to play out a simulated all-time MVC season using whatifsports.com. Part one of my two part series on that is also posted. Loyola's participant is the 2018 Final Four team.

Have a happy new year all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:04 pm 

The Week 6 Power Rankings and Tidbits are now posted.

I have also posted the second part of my All-Time MVC simulated season. The regular season has finished so you can see the final standings, where the 2018 Ramblers landed and their scores.

Really looking forward to next week when I play out my all-time season's Arch Madness complete with box scores and game summaries. I have already started and it has been a blast.

Thanks for those of you who are reading. Really cool to see multiple hundreds of views on my articles!

Best of luck in your showdown with Drake this weekend on national TV.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 am 

MVC blog

Outstanding feature on the MVC coaches. Great insight and detailed profile.
I highly recommend the MVC blog.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 pm 

25yearstreak wrote:
MVC blog

Outstanding feature on the MVC coaches. Great insight and detailed profile.
I highly recommend the MVC blog.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next