It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:35 pm 

The Cobra, Jeremy King, though he played only 5 minutes, made a major contribution in his first NCAA appearance in LU’s opening the win over the University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee).

The Ramblers were down by 6, UWM 25 - LU 19, and UWM had the ball, with 3:00 left in the first half when the Cobra snatched a steal from UWM’s 6'2" guard, Evan Richardson, which was eventually converted into a 2 point stick back bucket by the Mongoose, Christian Thomas.

After another score by the Mongoose, Keke White missed a layup, but the Cobra was there for the rebound and the stick back, tying the game.

UWM hit a three, but the Cobra drew a foul from UWM’s 6-9 Kyle Kelm and split 2 free throws.

The half ended with a layup by Keke White, with a 28-28 tie.

That 6 point turn around starting when UWM had the ball, was more than the margin of victory. It also gave LU self-confidence heading into halftime after a shaky start.

For the Cobra’s first game it was no missed field goals, no fouls, & no turnovers.

I am pleased with Coach Moser’s player developement and I don’t want to rush the Cobra’s developement, BUT after his first half performance I think the coach should have given the Cobra some time in the 2nd half with Osborne out & O’Leary in foul trouble.

Small Forward, Christian Thomas, the Mongoose, should not be asked to play 38 minutes, including 13 minutes at center surrounded by 4 LU guards. I understand it for the last 4:49 minutes of the game when the coach was trying to protect the ball from UWM pressure in the closing minutes.

But, constantly surrounded and outnumbered by bigger opponents, Thomas will soon be hurt and out for the season, unless the coach gives him one or more big helpers on the inside to help carry the load.

The game was a great start for the Ramblers and it was great to see Milton Doyle come alive with 18 second half points in his 1st NCAA game. Likewise Keke White is even getting better than his spectacular ending to the season at point guard last year. Of course the Mongoose continues to amaze us with his double double.

Go Ramblers!