It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:29 am 

Chicago State at Loyola December 9th per Chicago State press release

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:55 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:

Gross.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:56 pm 

Something interesting the Chicago St nonconference schedule is that all of their games are in Illinois except for the trip to Iowa. After Iowa, they have a two week break before playing in Chicago again. I might be reading too much into this, but it could be an indication that they're having to carefully plan the schedule around the city of Chicago travel quarantine rules?

That might not bode well for the proposed MTE in Indianapolis or other possible nonconference games.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:21 pm 

I think it's just them minimizing travel. I don't mind this game. Feels to me like we'll be lucky to have a full schedule this year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:02 pm 

The season is supposed to start in 20 days and the only game I’ve seen confirmed now is Chicago State. I guess there was a Twitter posting that we are doing something with Cincy, but is that confirmed? I’m not optimistic about putting together a non-con schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:32 am 

My guess is that they kept waiting hoping the virus situation would get better and open up non-conference opportunities...yet it has gone the opposite way. We may end up with Home and Aways with North Park, Lewis, Moody Bible and the Maroons from U of C. with the highlight being Jesuit Jam against Chicago St......THis is really a different year....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:52 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
bmh_twosix wrote:

Gross.

In a normal year, I'd agree with you. This isn't a normal year though, so I, as one of the more pessimistic voices on here regarding scheduling, am giving Porter a huge pass. Virus concerns are definitely playing into this, so I'm OK with it.

As a note of optimism though, I do think that it'll be a waiting game regarding games against more prominent local schools (cough*Northwestern*cough). Obviously they don't want to play us, but I think they'll have no choice not to and are just prolonging the inevitable. Collins makes too much money to be on the hot seat, plus he's the only guy to get them to the tournament. He's not getting fired if he has an embarrassing loss to us.

Also, the DePaul game is still on right? In hindsight, I'm actually surprised that they scheduled the Gentile game for next season and not this season. I could definitely see them wanting to play us in empty Gentile and then hosting a game with fans in 2021

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:48 am 

lusuperfan wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
bmh_twosix wrote:

Gross.

In a normal year, I'd agree with you. This isn't a normal year though, so I, as one of the more pessimistic voices on here regarding scheduling, am giving Porter a huge pass. Virus concerns are definitely playing into this, so I'm OK with it.

As a note of optimism though, I do think that it'll be a waiting game regarding games against more prominent local schools (cough*Northwestern*cough). Obviously they don't want to play us, but I think they'll have no choice not to and are just prolonging the inevitable. Collins makes too much money to be on the hot seat, plus he's the only guy to get them to the tournament. He's not getting fired if he has an embarrassing loss to us.

Also, the DePaul game is still on right? In hindsight, I'm actually surprised that they scheduled the Gentile game for next season and not this season. I could definitely see them wanting to play us in empty Gentile and then hosting a game with fans in 2021

I agree. I didn't mean "gross" as in I was disappointed with Loyola/Porter for scheduling Chicago State...moreso just the thought of playing them is gross to me. I am happy with whatever basketball we get this year no matter the opponent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:35 am 

I don't think the DePaul game is on. Definitely not on the same date. The Big East is playing conferemce games that week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:56 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
I don't think the DePaul game is on. Definitely not on the same date. The Big East is playing conferemce games that week.

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next