It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wichita State
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:28 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Quote:
Marshall quickly turned his car around and followed the student’s car, eventually blocking his car at an intersection in the parking lot. According to an eyewitness, Marshall got out of his car and started yelling at the student, asking “Do you know who the fuck I am?”

The student had his window down and responded, “I don’t give a fuck who you are.” Marshall approached the car and, according to the eyewitness, attempted to punch the student through the driver’s window.

lmfao amazing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:10 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
JC64 wrote:
Bobby Knight redux.

Yep.

I remember that. It was a summer tournament in Canada in 2016. I felt embarrassed as an MVC fan and as an American.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:00 pm 

Here's a more wide ranging look at Marshall, and how WSU and their fans have looked the other way at his pattern of past misbehavior.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/wichit ... 37831.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:15 pm 

JCT wrote:
Here's a more wide ranging look at Marshall, and how WSU and their fans have looked the other way at his pattern of past misbehavior.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/wichit ... 37831.html

Savage. You have to read this article. Just a devastating takedown.

Quote:
The portrait that emerges from the stories isn’t just one of a deranged coach. It veers into an ethically challenged university allowing a coach to act this way. Ultimately, this shows how a small-time university thirsty for a sliver of national notoriety enabled its star coach instead of deterring his behavior and demanding change.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:09 pm 

I made the mistake of venturing over to Wichita State messageboard earlier today. What blows my mind it’s a fan base (on the site) that, with very few exceptions, defends a coach vehemently despite reports by multiple players of extreme misbehavior.

I’m not a prude. I suspect that there’s a lot of yelling in D1 college basketball. I expect that there’s a fair amount of negative reinforcement as well, and while I think it’s crazy for a coach to verbally embarrass a player in front of other players in practice - I wouldn’t call for a coaches job for doing it. BUT - if a coach punches a player in the head, or anywhere else — that coach should be done. If a school doesn’t fire him, shame on them. If the NCAA doesn’t step in and do something, shame on them as well.

What blows my mind about the WSU message board is that many of them blame the former player. All I know is — Porter almost single handedly restored Loyola to basketball relevancy after 30 years of failure — But if someone like Krutwig or even some of the players who might have beef with Porter (Avery or Satterwhite), came out and said Porter punched them in the head in practice.. and it was verified by several other players... I wouldn’t go after the player. I would want Porter gone. I’d want him out immediately. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot in my book.

The McGill exhibition is interesting in light of the recent allegations because that’s an example of Gregg, with full knowledge he’s being taped in public, absolutely losing it. When you watch that now, you really have to wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:59 am 

I really don’t see how he survives this. Well, let me correct that....I *could* see many WSU fans and boosters not caring, but this is basically the face of that university, and I think enough people will find it unacceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:56 pm 

Anyone see this? It says a bunch of players are afraid to come out publicly because of how vicious and toxic the Wichita St fan base is.

https://thesunflower.com/52800/sports/b ... all/#photo

“[Players] talked to me but were scared to go on the record because, let’s face it, a lot of them are fearful of what the Wichita State fan base and community is potentially going to say and do to them— especially if Gregg Marshall keeps his job,” he said.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:34 am 

I am so happy Porter Moser is our coach.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
I am so happy Porter Moser is our coach.

Preach. Revenue generating college sports are always going to be fundamentally icky as long as players aren't being paid but I think we have it about as good as it gets in terms of the character of the program and its leaders.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:34 pm 

USA Today opinion piece on Marshall. Bottom line: Even if he's not fired he's through.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5997926002 ... ssion=true

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next