It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: DP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 pm 

They are in a weird situation. They have a coach in their sixth year that, in a 10 team conference finished second-to-last, last, tied-for-last, tied-for-last, and tied-for-last. 7th best recruiting class or not, don’t know how you keep a guy who can’t get your team out of the cellar after six seasons.

It’s gotta be incredibly tough to be a DePaul fan. I don’t know if you root for them to do well this year, or root for them to fail so you can get a new coach you can have faith in for the future.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:09 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
They are in a weird situation. They have a coach in their sixth year that, in a 10 team conference finished second-to-last, last, tied-for-last, tied-for-last, and tied-for-last. 7th best recruiting class or not, don’t know how you keep a guy who can’t get your team out of the cellar after six seasons.

It’s gotta be incredibly tough to be a DePaul fan. I don’t know if you root for them to do well this year, or root for them to fail so you can get a new coach you can have faith in for the future.

It's definitely very strange, I thought they were going to be good last year. They were 9-0 with wins over Iowa and Texas Tech, then once non-con started they couldn't win a game. Leitao's time there is long overdue, like you said his performance record is awful and he can't win when it matters most.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 pm 

He’s got one winning season in five years, and in that season he tied for last place in the conference. He’s never had a conference winning record in five years — the best he’s done is a .38 winning percentage. I think he knows it needs to look like things are improving this year and if he racks up losses before conference play, there’s a legit chance his recruits jump ship and start looking elsewhere. Nobody is going to be held to letters of intent with everything that’s going on...