It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: LOYOLA RAMBLERS PODCASTS
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:13 pm 

Learned from Bill Behrens the other day the existence of the Loyola podcasts known as the Rambler Roundtable Podcasts.
Jeff Hagedorn and Chris Sparks are the hosts of the podcast.

Just listened to the first one which was recorded July 1st. It ran about 6-7 minutes and featured a discussion of Loyola basketball as well as Jeff and Chris backgrounds and the passing of Les Hunter. It also talked about the Valpo loss and then the sudden end of normal times. As you know Jeff and Chris do the Loyola home games and some of the road games. Had the occasion to meet with both of them last season down in the Cayman's Islands pre season tourney. Jeff did work for the Houston Rockets and is a Loyola grad. Chris is a Valpo alum and a former player for Valpo as well. He also coached professionally overseas. Both great talents.

THE SECOND PODCAST which I have not listened to yet occurred on July 6th and ran over an hour. It features Coach Moser and the Creation By Culture.

To access the podcast which will be regular feature go the Loyolaramblers.com website of the athletic department. Go to the "Fan Zone" menu and drop down
to Rambler Roundtable Podcast tab.

Well worth it! And a nice effort and execution by the athletic department to reach out to the fan base. Steve Watson has done a great job!

As you also probably know, Steve and his staff are working on a plan to have Loyola fans in the stands. He sent out an email a couple of days ago in which he asked for some additional patience.

IN ANY EVENT TAKE A LOOK AND LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. IT IS WELL WORTH IT!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 pm 

Thanks for pointing that out, streak.

I am so impressed with how fantastic the social media and marketing has become. I did a lot of work on logos and branding and media content in the early 2010s, and the stuff Loyola is doing through their partners and internally is excellent... easily the best in the league now, possibly better than a lot of P5 schools.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:22 pm 

I listened to the episode with Porter today. It was really well done, the hosts are great, and Porter gave some interesting nuggets about the past and the future. I think we got really lucky with these announcers, I had to listen to some of the games while driving last year and they’re top notch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:17 am 

Its a shame that Loyola does not have the radio program that is worthy of their talents.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:35 am 

25yearstreak wrote:
Its a shame that Loyola does not have the radio program that is worthy of their talents.

Even then, who could listen? WLUW is 100 watts and WNUR is 7,200. If you can't see Mertz from where you are you probably can't get station clearly.