It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: GOOD FOR OPENERS !!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 pm 

On another thread I had Ramblers 74--62 , I believe. We made a few late mistakes ( opening night stuff) ----

--Positives---
---The win of course
---KIKI and Doyle ---WOW !!
---A stronger bench for sure than we have had in years
---Crisman was a steady influence
---Our Bigs were just fine and will improve
---Thomas the beast !! Sheesh
---Turk hit key threes in limited action

--Negatives
---The old bug-a-boo-----MISSED freebies--would have won breezing if we hit them
---Our Bigs must and will improve defensively down low
---THE NEW RULES
---Must defend the threes better--I feel we can when our Bigs improve down low--Will be tough to do.

NICE START---Proceed onward RAMBLERS !!

Post subject: Re: GOOD FOR OPENERS !!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am 

A good win for certain. It was good to see an active student section. One thing that stood out to me is O'Leary. I like his upside, but the kid has got to take weight training seriously. He needs to get stronger to be a force at the D1 level. Perhaps Swella can submit his resume as our new strength and conditioning coach. He will have to get past Gracie first.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 pm 

Jimmy Chitwood wrote:
Perhaps Swella can submit his resume as our new strength and conditioning coach.

This is my BEFORE photo:

Unfortunately, I can't post my AFTER photo because I am so huge any photo that would do me justice exceeds the Ramblermania size limitation for images.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Jimmy Chitwood wrote:
Perhaps Swella can submit his resume as our new strength and conditioning coach.

This is my BEFORE photo:

Unfortunately, I can't post my AFTER photo because I am so huge any photo that would do me justice exceeds the Ramblermania size limitation for images.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 pm 

Jimmy Chitwood wrote:
A good win for certain. It was good to see an active student section. One thing that stood out to me is O'Leary. I like his upside, but the kid has got to take weight training seriously. He needs to get stronger to be a force at the D1 level. Perhaps Swella can submit his resume as our new strength and conditioning coach. He will have to get past Gracie first.

I'll agree with you 100% that O'Leary still needs to add more muscle. But to say he needs to start taking weight training seriously is way off base - he worked as hard as anyone on the team in the weight room this summer and ate 4000-5000 calories daily trying to add bulk. He was able to add 20 pounds of muscle this offseason, but he will likely never be a physical specimen like Osborne who can bang inside all day. Just not his body type; he's more of a finesse player. But believe me, he takes the weight room very seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:33 pm 

breakthroughpm wrote:
I'll agree with you 100% that O'Leary still needs to add more muscle. But to say he needs to start taking weight training seriously is way off base - he worked as hard as anyone on the team in the weight room this summer and ate 4000-5000 calories daily trying to add bulk. He was able to add 20 pounds of muscle this offseason, but he will likely never be a physical specimen like Osborne who can bang inside all day. Just not his body type; he's more of a finesse player. But believe me, he takes the weight room very seriously.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:00 pm 

breakthroughpm wrote:
Jimmy Chitwood wrote:

I am glad to hear that O'Leary is working hard in the weight room. Hopefully his effort is rewarded with more strength (not necessarily bulk). I like his upside.