It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: DP/AD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:44 am 

So Trib article by Teddy Grenstien lists Watson #2 on the who will replace Ponseti as AD at DP.......and throws getting Porter in there for good measure.......I still dont see it.....I dont think DP would take an LU guy.....and I think they want someone who has some Big East experience....Time will tell.

Post subject: Re: DP/AD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:49 am 

So this reminds me of the Siendfeld episode where he loses his rental car reservation....The hard part is not to take the reservation it is to HOLD the reservation..(substitute CONTRACT or RESERVATION)....Nice to know we are in a new, elevated spot of having stuff other schools want.!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:58 am 

At least you spelled "Watson" right! That's one out of four in getting last names correct.
You are approaching Greybee territory for spelling percentage futility.

Maybe you should get a new ghost writer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:49 am 

So...one out of four....I could have played shortstop for the Cubs most post-Banks years.....I will preface this with saying my mother was the Douglas County spelling champion and 2nd in the State....back in the day... now just to say that spelling is not correlated with intelligence.
I think I like the rule breaking aspect of mis-spelling and I am not generally a rule breaker,,,,but takes great effort to not be a rule breaker,,,,,so mis-spelling is my healthy outlet......also I am busy.. what I really need is a secretary for my ghost writer. So the process would be,,,I think it,,,he writes it, ,,,the secretary corrects it...
And being placed anywhere near Graybee in any realm ...is the highest honor....
https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/spelli ... ynvcr.html

I think the guy from ND gets the nod at dp.....I think we are safe for the moment but at some point Steve Watson is going to cash in his chips....I really do believe that would be a bigger loss than Coach....?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm 

Don't sell yourself short Nate. Not only are you a Spelling Rebel but you are a Punctuation Pirate and a Grammar Guerrilla too! A real Rebel Without A Clause and Comma Comma Comma Comma Comma Chameleon. Absolutely no reflection on your intelligence. You are a smart guy who makes entertaining and informative posts.

But in the unlikely event that you are looking for a solution to your spelling woes, may I suggest that instead of using pesky English words that defy common sense on how they're spelled, why don't you try posting using only pictures or emojis? If that works, maybe you can graduate to rebuses for more complicated concepts.
Here is an example of what I have in mind:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2963

See how without using any words I clearly communicated that Yor Anei lost his index and middle finger in a blender accident.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:12 pm 

I don't think that Watson becoming their AD really raises the odds he becomes the HC there. DPU has never shied away from hiring people due to budget constraints; see the Leitao's contract extension as an example. When they hired Oliver Purnell away from Clemson, they made him one of the top 10 highest paid coaches out there. Their boosters will expect Watson to land a bigger fish than Porter, and quite frankly, they have the money to ensure that it happens. Moreover, I think it becomes a much more attractive job just because that lady left, so I think Watson would be foolish to just blindly hire Porter away without doing any research into the potential market. That said, why they let her give Leitao such a rich contract extension on her way out and thus handicapping the next AD is beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:09 am 

Peevy appears to be the current Deputy AD at Kentucky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:47 pm 

So DP/AD/PV?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm 

OK!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:18 pm 

Interesting nugget from Peevy's introductory press conference. On the topic of scheduling he said:

Quote:
You might not do home-and-home with everybody because now with the Big East schedule with 20 games and a couple of challenges, you don’t have as many opportunities. But my thoughts are, you know, maybe we talk, and maybe one of the charges I take on early on is try to create a unique event — especially from a Chicago standpoint when we bring all the schools to one place and we play each other.

I hope he's serious about it because it would be a great opportunity. Kentucky has played in a number of these events so Peevy should know what it takes to pull off an event like this. Hopefully Watson can develop a good working relationship with him and get something off the ground.

Link to article: https://depauliaonline.com/49894/sports ... mpionship/