It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:13 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Top CIty Players in the Sun Times today...interesting that they thought it was a down year for the City....I dont think we are recruiting any of the guys on the first 3 teams.?

this was City only

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:03 am 

So if I got things figured correctly the Ramblers have 10 players for next year with two walk-ons and two players presently being held hostage by the NCAA...Knight and Schwieger. If Knight and Schwieger get an extra year we are at 12...with one open shcolarship If Knight and Schweiger are done we have 3 spots...So it seems like there is some urgency for the NCAA to make a decision so schools with IVY players can make decisions. ..We will see. Does the fact that Knight and Scwieger were honored on Senior Night give us an indication that the school thinks they will not get the extra year?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:14 am 

natetheskate wrote:
So if I got things figured correctly the Ramblers have 10 players for next year with two walk-ons and two players presently being held hostage by the NCAA...Knight and Schwieger. If Knight and Schwieger get an extra year we are at 12...with one open shcolarship If Knight and Schweiger are done we have 3 spots...So it seems like there is some urgency for the NCAA to make a decision so schools with IVY players can make decisions. ..We will see. Does the fact that Knight and Scwieger were honored on Senior Night give us an indication that the school thinks they will not get the extra year?

Currently, we have 11 for next year. Damezi and Ben Schwieger are both redshirting this year, but are on scholarship, and we have 3 commits. If the Ivy League guys can and do stay that would put us at 13. Although, there always seems to be at least one player who transfers so I'd assume we'd still have a spot or two that will open up.

Don't forget we have a scholarship chart on the website:
http://www.ramblermania.net/extras/mbb-scholarship-chart/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:26 am 

My guess (Bookmark this, ahunte) is that if the NCAA grants another year of eligibility to Knight and Schweiger, their scholarships won't count against the allowable 13 scholarship limit.

So if they stay, we would still have 2 available scholarships, even if nobody transfers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:34 am 

swellafelon wrote:
My guess (Bookmark this, ahunte) is that if the NCAA grants another year of eligibility to Knight and Schweiger, their scholarships won't count against the allowable 13 scholarship limit.

So if they stay, we would still have 2 available scholarships, even if nobody transfers.

I agree!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:59 am 

I am not counting Anderson.....just a hunch.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:27 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I am not counting Anderson.....just a hunch.....

Anderson agreeing to redshirt for the year just to hit the portal doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm sure he'd get interest based on his pedigree alone, but he's essentially had 3 years of college basketball with limited tape to show for it. Doubt he'd get a better offer than an A10 school, with presumably a ton of minutes up for grabs where the coaching staff has been working with him daily the last 2 years. Just my opinion.

Two additional names in the portal linked to Loyola include another undersized Ivy PF/C grad transfer with solid numbers and a former 3 Star P5 freshman wing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:48 pm 

I'm not sure Schweiger and Knight coming back would be a great thing...not sure how successful they would be in the A-10, and think we can get high-level transfers with our raised profile.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:55 pm 

irregardless of the Anderson situation...The NCAA not making a decision on this has to effect...players on the team and players being recruited and if they return whether it will count against the 13 player scholarship will also have effects...Gotta think it is hard for LU to magage their recruiting efforts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:18 pm 

Mertz2003 wrote:
I'm not sure Schweiger and Knight coming back would be a great thing...not sure how successful they would be in the A-10, and think we can get high-level transfers with our raised profile.

Disagree with this, likely if they do come back it won’t count against scholarship limit due to covid year factors. We can still get high level transfers as we likely will need a better big and guard next year. Schwieger is a push, but having Knight back who could start at Forward with a legit center, or as a super sub would be a win next year. Lots of unknowns, but having two guys back with familiarity in the system is never a bad thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 73  Next