It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:17 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
I blame the bad coffee at Svea.

Same here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 pm 

I heard his high school coach had a lot to do with this...Sunrise Christian...who was the kid we had for one year from SUnrise Christian,,,never knew the whole story...but maybe it bit us on the butt....should we hang this one on Porter?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I heard his high school coach had a lot to do with this...Sunrise Christian...who was the kid we had for one year from SUnrise Christian,,,never knew the whole story...but maybe it bit us on the butt....should we hang this one on Porter?

Isaiah Bujdoso! And didn’t Roosevelt Smart also go there?

Happy to blame it on Porter, but I bet it just looked like a better path to the NBA for Bobi. They’ve had quite a few draft picks over the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:31 pm 

natetheskate wrote:

Isiah Bujdoso was from Sunrise Christian, but I think SCA is on like their 3rd head coach since then, so don't think it was likely that large of a factor.

However, I'm pretty sure Coach Drew is somewhat close with the head coach of the "post-grad" team at SCA, Lourawls “Tum Tum” Nairn. Drew wished him a happy birhtday on his Instagram the other day, so there are definitely still some ties to the school. Narin played at Michigan state from 2014-2018, and has been a grad assistant under Izzo the last two years. Would not be surprised to see us keep recruiting talent from there.

Back to Isaiah, he's had a bit of a path since he departed Loyola. Went back to play collegiately in Canada for a year, but think he missed most, if not all of, it with an injury. Last year he played a year at Hutchinson CC, then it announced earlier this year he was transferring to Tarleton State down in Texas. The school put out a press release and everthing. However when I looked the other day he wasn't on their updated roster for 2021-2022.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:36 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
jmiller2794 wrote:

Same here.

It wasn't the coffee, but Svea's ill-considered attempt at fusion cuisine to honor Bobi's Swedish and Senegalese heritage that queered the deal.

The lesson learned is that you should never use lutefisk in Thieboudienne.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:48 am 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
jmiller2794 wrote:

Same here.

It wasn't the coffee, but Svea's ill-considered attempt at fusion cuisine to honor Bobi's Swedish and Senegalese heritage that queered the deal.

The lesson learned is that you should never use lutefisk in Thieboudienne.

As with recruiting four star basketball players so goes with fusion cuisine - sometimes you take a bold step forward only to fail. Alas the Swedish Senegalese experiment was not to be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:34 am 

Yeah recruiting 4☆ prospects is new to Drew. He probably doesn't even know what currency denominations are preferred by them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:51 am 

... or what their preferred pronouns are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:35 am 

Looks like a 75% chance we're seeing him 2-3x per year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 am 

SIU just got a commitment from a 3☆ Big, so I'm guessing they're out of the equation.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/cade-hornecker

For some reason my hunch says Indiana State.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 73  Next