It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:29 am 

I'm going to nominate a local player I think we should take a close look at, even though he has no offers to date and didn't play on a big time AAU team.

What he does have is size, and plenty of it. 7 feet and 3 inches to be exact. And projected by some to max out at 7'4" since he's still only 17.

His name is Conrad Luczynski and he plays for suburban Bartlett High School. He's been getting some publicity recently as he's off to a hot start this season, scoring 30+ points in one game, and coming close to a quadruple double in another, including 20 rebounds, 9 blocks and 8 assists.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/12/2/ ... basketball

I first became aware of him last year. If I recall, he was overweight as a sophomore or junior, but has slimmed down considerably. He has a decent frame to build on.

I've provided links to a couple videos so you can judge for yourself his athleticism and skill level. To me, I think it's clear that he's pretty raw and definitely not an elite athlete. He couldn't compete at the D1 level this year or next.

But recruiting him is all about projection, and I think I see enough promise that with a couple years of training and physical maturation he could become a productive (and disruptive) player. Probably not a star, but well-worth a scholarship.

I think we should take a chance on him, like Drake did with another lightly-recruited 7 footer in Liam Robbins, and offer him a 4 for 5 deal like we did with Hutty, with him redshirting his first year.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13919135/Conrad-Luczynski

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:58 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:08 pm 

Go get him! He'd possibly be an instant starter next year. Norris/Quise/Saint/Klintman/Hutty can win some damn games.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:12 pm 

Could my prediction come true after all :?: ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:41 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:54 pm 

I heard the game might’ve been cancelled because of the weather

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:00 am 

Bobbi Klintman continues to get offers, per Twitter. It would be nice to get a Top 25 ranking this Monday, and show him this program is far better than Maryland.

#26 OKLAHOMA lost to Texas Tuesday (3 losses now)

#24 ALABAMA lost to auburn Tuesday (5 losses now)

#17 XAVIER lost to Villanova (3 losses now). They play Creighton Saturday.

#20 SETON HALL lost to DePaul (4 losses now)

Seton Hall, Oklahoma and Alabama’s should boost us up to #25 if we win Saturday.

The games we need now are:

#23 PROVIDENCE to lose to Creighton on Saturday.

#22 TENNESSEE to lose to #17 Kentucky Saturday.

#21 TEXAS to lose to #15 Iowa State Saturday.

As long as we win, and one of the above Saturday teams lose, there’s no doubt we are in the Top 25. Even if they all win Saturday, I still think we are #25.

If we get Klintman and a top JUCO center next year, we are right in the mix in the A-10 to start the season. Getting a TOP #25 ranking in mid-January and keeping it would go a long way to make this dream a reality.

The fear is that with the departure of all the veterans after this year, we’re going to be weak in the front court and bench. BUT - if we can get Klintman and a top JUCO center, our lineups are:

C - Top JUCO center
F - Klintman
F - ANDERSON
G - KENNEDY
G - NORRIS

B/C - HUTSON
B/F - WELCH
B/F - Jalen Quinn
B/G - SAINT THOMAS
B/G - TY JOHNSON

That’s not a bad situation for us going to the A-10 for our inaugural season. Get Klintman, a JUCO center, and a JUCO point guard like Clemons for a backup and we are a top 3 team in the A-10 next year. Secure and hold a top 25 ranking, and the odds of extra 3 pieces we need go up exponentially for next year. Getting Schweiger and/or Knight for an extra year would only be icing on the cake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:24 am 

I think it's ambitious to plug Anderson into the starting lineup for next year despite him being essentially a grad assistant this year.

I think the starting lineup will be Norris/Kennedy/Thomas/[Juco forward]/Hutson.

If we can't get a Juco forward, then I think Welch might start out of necessity.

Obviously Klintman would be massive for the program and likely the day one starter at forward. Given he's the best available player in the class of '22, a lot of the big boys are circling.

The staff seems to have some confidence in Hutson. He's having a tough year this year but another year of seasoning could make a difference.

It's clear our guards will be the strength of the team next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 am 

Can Schweiger and Knight come back for an extra year? I was under the impression that they are grad “super seniors” like Lucas/Aher/Tate/Clemons. Although they did transfer in and didn’t have an Ivy season last year. Getting them back would be incredible for next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:03 am 

JArsy_22 wrote:
Can Schweiger and Knight come back for an extra year? I was under the impression that they are grad “super seniors” like Lucas/Aher/Tate/Clemons. Although they did transfer in and didn’t have an Ivy season last year. Getting them back would be incredible for next year.

It's a possibility that's floating out there, but no real indication on how the NCAA might rule on such a petition, if Schweiger/Knight would want to stay, or even how they might rule on a case by case basis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 73  Next