It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:41 pm 

Son of a coach, from Michigan… surprised if Drew doesn’t know the young man.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33738438

Would be a very nice addition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:10 am 

I assume Davis is going to get a ton of P6 interest. If we can sneak in there though, he'd be a huge addition for us. We don't really have anyone on the team who can create offense for themselves Kennedy's ability to do it comes and goes. Norris needs someone to play off of. We don't know what to expect of Alston, and Golden is a complimentary piece.

Davis would add a guy who can take over during those stretches where our offense just didn't have anything going. That itself would be an absolute game changer for us. He's also a great passer, which would take some of that burden off of Norris and allow him to become a spot up 3 point shooter, which is arguably a better role for him.

The biggest thing though is that it would allow us to keep Kennedy as our 6th man. That's been his best role on the team by far.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:18 am 

I would think he is leaving to bulk up his resume for the pros. He isn't leaving to play in the A10

I think Cam Spencer is going to be our guy. Bigger guard who can score, pass and play defense.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:24 am 

transfer portal just hit 1350 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:11 am 

Drew is the guest on the new episode of Bears, Blers, Belgium...great interview. Reading between the lines a bit, but it seemed like they either backed off Bobi after the P6 program turned his head or they have someone better lined up or both. Also interesting that Drew said he likes recruiting against P6 schools bc then he knows if a kid is in it for selfish reasons they'll probably choose the biggest offer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:27 am 

It seems like coaches and other influencers in the Sunrise orbit actively steer players away from Loyola. Maybe I'm
wrong and way off, but Roosevelt Smart was another example and he got burned in the process. Could be that Loyola still has a bad image in central Kansas lef over from the Wichita State attitutlde when we joined the Valley.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:47 am 

JCT wrote:
It seems like coaches and other influencers in the Sunrise orbit actively steer players away from Loyola. Maybe I'm
wrong and way off, but Roosevelt Smart was another example and he got burned in the process. Could be that Loyola still has a bad image in central Kansas lef over from the Wichita State attitutlde when we joined the Valley.

Prep schools probably like to tout how many guys they send to power conferences. Now that we're in the A-10, hopefully we spend less time recruiting the basketball "hotbeds" of Kansas and Nebraska anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:57 am 

JCT wrote:

Meh, not sure about that. Sucks we didn’t land either, although I’m not sure if the current head coach at SCA was there for Smart, I think he started the 15-16 season. Can’t recall the Smart drama year

I would say the opposite, just hasn’t come to fruition yet. Amorrow Morgan coincidentally just posted a picture today of him and Pat Wallace out to dinner with Luke Barnwell (SCA head coach). And the coach of the college prep team at SCA and graduate of the program Tum Tum Nairn is really close friends with Drew.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:05 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:07 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 73  Next