It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 73  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:23 am 

Interestingly, Loyola coaches have been pretty actively retweeting this discussion. Seems pretty clear that we want to bring Knight and/or Schwieger back.

ETA: There's also the issue of whether they would count toward the scholarship limit or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:41 am 

It’s an interesting argument. If you were a Senior last year, this year is theoretically a make-up for missing a “normal” Senior basketball season. But, those two didn’t have the opportunity to even try to play in the Covid year, unlike every other Grad Senior who is taking advantage this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
Interestingly, Loyola coaches have been pretty actively retweeting this discussion. Seems pretty clear that we want to bring Knight and/or Schwieger back.

ETA: There's also the issue of whether they would count toward the scholarship limit or not.

Interesting. I would assume that if the coaches are retweeting it, Schwieger and/or Knight would probably be interested in coming back if they were granted eligibility.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:46 pm 

If we do not get Schwiegert and Knight back for another year, our first year in the A-10 could be interesting. I agree with Ahunte that Anderson will not be a factor. I think the transfer portal will be under a microscope this year. We have two spots left I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:22 pm 

It sounds like you guys know something I don’t know about Anderson. I had very high hopes for him. If we don’t get Klintman and/or a miracle extra year for Schwieger and/or Knight, we are going to have one of the best backcourts in the A-10, but a very sketchy front court and thin bench.

I think one big and a backup point guard are going to be the two biggest priorities, at the very least. That might keep us semi competitive in the A-10.

Really hope Drew gets 1 major pickup to help us start in the new conference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:05 am 

I think we're going to be able to hand-pick some big time transfers, so I wouldn't worry too much about the roster yet. I also think Hutty will take a big step forward over the rest of this year and the offseason. Big guys develop at a slower rate, but he has all the tools.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:12 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
we are going to have one of the best backcourts in the A-10, but a very sketchy front court

That's why I agree Drew should be able to get a real impact big in the transfer portal. He can go to a prospect make the pitch that two years ago we won the conference and went to the Sweet 16. Last year we [fill in the blank with hopefully another conference championship and tournament run]. Look at the guys coming back - you'll be playing with Norris, Kennedy, and some really talented young players ready to take a big step forward. There's one missing piece and that's you.

I think that pitch will land well with an established player either wants to play for championships and go to the NCAA tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm 

I missed the Anderson news. Why isn't he playing this year?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:42 pm 

Jimmy Chitwood wrote:
I missed the Anderson news. Why isn't he playing this year?

Think the true reason is speculation at this point. He was injured before the season, so could be entirely due to that. Also could be due to the lack of minutes on the wing with Lucas, Aher, Schweiger, and Tate. Maybe a combination of both. He is practicing but dresses in street clothes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:12 am 

https://twitter.com/endless_motor/statu ... 86114?s=10

Nice little scouting piece on Treyvon Lewis. Between him and Saint, we’ll have a combination of size/length on the wings that we haven’t really had before. Exciting stuff for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 73  Next