It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Interview with Bruno
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:23 am 

To be fair, Bruno only took 15 three-point shots all year. He was a sad casualty of our improved roster due to our final four run. I feel bad for him because he contributed to our success in 2018, but it’s not like he lost out on playing time to players with less ability. And you can’t really say we would have done much better with him out there when we won 20+ games in the season. If we are talking minutes volume, obviously you would want Kennedy, Clemons, Hall, or Hall out there.

But if you’re talking game situations, like playing with a lead late in a fouling situation... Bruno was 8-9 in free throws last year... we knew free throws were a problem well before Arch Madness. In hindsight, it probably would have been a good play to put a senior out there whose got experience to take the fouls and connect at the line.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:27 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Tate, Aher... I mean, at the end of games, we had 3-5 guys out there with no experience or who by and large couldn't make enough free throws. I'm the guy who proposed a minutes distribution with Bruno getting zero, so I'm not saying he was a world beater. But there's a case to be made that as a senior Bruno could have helped close out games.

Bruno can't guard the guys those two are guarding though. With neither Tate or Aher in Lucas has to guard the 4 which can be an uncomfortable spot. Realistically Bruno's minutes would have come from Clemons or Kennedy, neither of whom seemed to suffer much from nerves. It doesn't seem to be an issue rotations solve so much as Hall needs to do better. I don't expect that from Aher unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:54 pm 

jmiller2794 wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
Tate, Aher... I mean, at the end of games, we had 3-5 guys out there with no experience or who by and large couldn't make enough free throws. I'm the guy who proposed a minutes distribution with Bruno getting zero, so I'm not saying he was a world beater. But there's a case to be made that as a senior Bruno could have helped close out games.

Bruno can't guard the guys those two are guarding though.

Apparently Tate and Aher couldn't guard them that well either when you consider that Valpo scores like 50 points in the last 20 minutes of that game ;)