It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 am 

Hello Ramblers fans!
[I originally posted this in October 2019, but figured I'd circle back now that we're further along on this project]
I'm with O'Malley Creadon Productions [my personal info at the bottom], a documentary production company currently working on an independent film largely about the Loyola Ramblers (with the approval and support of Loyola Univ.).
This story will cover the 1963 NCAA Championship team, the 2018 Final Four run, and many other topics about society that tie into basketball, the college experience and how sports create opportunity.

With these projects, especially when covering topics that have been talked about before, we always want to come at it with a new perspective and introduce new elements. One way that we do this is by putting a call out to the public (especially people with a first hand connection to the story) to see if you have items or stories that'll bring something new and special to the film.
What we're looking for:
- photos
- video (home movies, etc...)
- memorabilia (posters, score cards, pamphlets, etc...)
- interesting anecdotes that you remember about these time periods and teams,
especially topics you don't feel are covered enough when talking about this.

* these items could feature the teams/players/coaches, at games, fans, Alumni Gym, Chicago Stadium, on campus, at dorms, you name it, we'd love to see what unique things you have.
Candid photos and videos are great, we don't just want to see things that look posed or appear professionally done.
We'll be looking back at the early '60s the most, including the "Game of Change" (Loyola vs. Mississippi State) and the '63 Championship game against Cincinnati,
but we'd love to see things that are from points through the regular season from around 1960-1964 or so.

Thanks so much for reading!

Please contact:
Adam L. Lawrence (Archive & Associate Producer)
email - adam@ocpmedia.com