It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Valley Transfers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:25 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:24 pm 

Old friend, Cam Satterwhite, who averaged 9 ppg at Northern Arizona this year, will grad transfer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:10 pm 

Rey Idowu from ISU...6'9 16 minutes a game...is transferring......will be interesting to see how they handle the 5 spot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm 

Not a transfer, but Matt Chastain won't play his fifth year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 am 

Feel bad for Matt. A great kid. Met his parents the year he got hurt. Great people. He didn't play much last year for ISU on the games I watched both in person and on the MVC games on TV. We recruited Taylor but he went to ISU instead. Looked like he had some potential.
All college basketball players really put in a lot of time from August to March. It can be a real grind physically and mentally. I always feel bad for those players who had great expectations and then get lost in the shuffle. There is a lot of pressure on coaches to win so opportunities are sometimes limited.
When Osborne was the big recruit at Loyola he had a lot of potential but eventually quit because he felt burnt out. When Loyola was at the Fort Myers tourney two years ago, I had the opportunity to sit in on the preparation meeting the night before a game. Each player had a manila folder to review and the coaching staff went over the key points. The audio visual coach was kept very busy as the staff went over tapes and kept replaying key points.
The amount of preparation for the players, let alone the staff is incredible. It reminded me of the NFL.
Porter is really organized and really puts in the time to excel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:04 am 

Being a Central Illinois guy I was very excited when Matt signed with LU and very disappointed when he left. Could of been one of those feel good story, small town boy makes it big in the Big City.... which reminds me of the other guy we signed from a small town in Western Illinois near the Mississippi that also had his career ended by injury. cant remember his name. I thought he was gonna be the next Pete Maravich
Bruninga was also a small town boy from just outside Peoria.....could have been neat for ISU if those guys had become stars as a lot of the people attending ISU games are from small towns around Bloomal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:28 am 

Nate, it was great seeing you in Peoria for the Bradley game and I was very impressed with Peoria. Your brother and his wife were so hospitable and the dinners were great. What a lovely home in such a nice wooded area. Great time.
Seems like a lifetime ago but if memory serves me it was one month ago today. Wow! How the world has changed. Hope they are doing well and you as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:16 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
...reminds me of the other guy we signed from a small town in Western Illinois near the Mississippi that also had his career ended by injury. cant remember his name. I thought he was gonna be the next Pete Maravich.

You're thinking of Tanner Williams from Orion Illinois. I also had high hopes for him. The dude could SKY. It was sad to see him hobbling around when he played briefly in his last game after trying to rehab from knee surgeries in both legs.
He was also, I believe, the only current player who posted on Ramblermania.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:36 pm 

Streak.....that was a great weekend..next time I will get down earlier and show you around Peoria...and John and Joan are doing okay.....they had to cancel 3 cruises that they had planned . Other than that I think they are doing like the rest of us.....hunkering and bunkering.and all dressed up with no where to go.
Hopefully we can get some more road trips in next year....and get some other Ramblermaniacs to come along or hit some of the games near where we have some Ramblermaniacs.....maybe we can spearhead that along with the watch parties????
Do not know if people have heard but John Prine had the covid19 virus and in a serious way...he is on a ventilator and in critical condition....been to a ton of John Prine concerts and had the opportunity to have some beers with him as well.....just a down to earth guy..and a literary geniuswi ..hope this works out..he has beat two bouts of throat cancer....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:40 pm 

Keeping track of the SHockers....they just got a transfer from Conneticut...their first McDonalds All-American...will be interesting to see how the account balances at the end of all the movement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next