It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Valley Transfers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:57 pm 

Wichita State loses another transfer today: Grant Sherfield, a freshman who averaged 8 ppg. and was the heir apparent at point guard.
Rumors are more transfers yet to come.

What sort of recruit would want to sign with the Shockers and play for Marshall after this mass exodus?
I suppose Gregggg could promise immediate playing time...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:14 pm 

Has "swellashox" been active lately?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 pm 

Swella is not on Twitter, but some Ramblermaniacs; e.g., ahunte, are.
I think somebody should start using the Twitter hashtag "#TransferAngry".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:21 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Wichita State loses another transfer today: Grant Sherfield, a freshman who averaged 8 ppg. and was the heir apparent at point guard.
Rumors are more transfers yet to come.

What sort of recruit would want to sign with the Shockers and play for Marshall after this mass exodus?
I suppose Gregggg could promise immediate playing time...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team with a nicer coach with nicer fans!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 pm 

I’m starting to think that nobody on our team is going to leave. I don’t know if they imposed dead. Is affecting students decisions as to the timing of entering the portal, but I would figure that if you are dead set on leaving, you’d want your name in their sooner than later. If only one or nobody leaves this year, I think it really says a lot about players buying in to Moser’s system.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:48 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
I’m starting to think that nobody on our team is going to leave. I don’t know if they imposed dead. Is affecting students decisions as to the timing of entering the portal, but I would figure that if you are dead set on leaving, you’d want your name in their sooner than later. If only one or nobody leaves this year, I think it really says a lot about players buying in to Moser’s system.

I think Pipkins, Welch, and Wojcik are still maybes. It's still super early, and there will be plenty of teams looking to fill roster spots. I think some players like Negron waited for a while before finally making the decision to transfer.

But from your mouth to God's ears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm 

As an aside, looking around the Valley, there are plenty of teams that need to fill holes with either immediately eligible transfers, JUCO guys, or even a good high school senior. Specifically SIU, UNI, Bradley, and Mo. State plus I still think Evansville is losing at least 3-5 players. SIU especially needs a competent big man or they're going to take quite a step back, which hopefully means Jeremiah Williams out of Simeon has a post-grad year and joins what will be quite a large 2021 recruiting class for Loyola.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:38 am 

As far as transfers go, many players decide to leave during the year. They are just waiting for the season to end. I would expect that if we had a player who wanted to transfer - we would already know. Things change after the season. There may be more transfers on account of the campuses shutting down and the players going home. Depending on how long school is closed, I expect more kids being influenced by family, friends and the basketball underbelly. We could see a spike in transfers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:45 pm 

If we do end up in the transfer market, Zion Griffin out of Iowa State is transferring. Hinsdale south product, was ranked just outside the top 100 two years ago. His career got started with an MCL injury and he never was able to catch up.

We were one of his first offers in high school... our last Iowa state transfer worked out alright

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:52 pm 

In an uncertain world such as this, the devil you know is better than the one you don't.
I think this coronavirus crisis will result in a more in depth that process that would force more fence sitting.
We shall see.
I would hate to lose Wojcik or Welch or Pipkins. Never easy to assimilate so many new players into a system and yet we did win 21 games and place second in the conference. Heck if we had won at Cedar Falls in the OT game at Northern Iowa, it would have been even better.
While the loss to Valpo hurt the season, in retrospect if we had won the Arch Tourney, seeing it cancelled would have been ever worse and who knows how many more teams would have knocked on Porter's door.

And as an extra note: The Tribune article just mentioned that Dave Leito was having his contract extended. The article also mentioned that DePaul should start over by hiring Porter Moser.

Last edited by 25yearstreak on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next