It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:34 pm 

I’m glad the refs stopped play... that can see how Clemons got tripped ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:35 pm 

4 of 15 on threes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:37 pm 

Drake has two more assists than we have rebounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:39 pm 

Even if we lose at this point, my only hope is that we don’t completely fold. This has been a frustrating game but We are going to have a ton of games like this the rest of the way In conference.

I want to be mad at some missed fouls, but the truth is, we aren’t hitting threes and here those, and if we can’t do that, we don’t deserve to win.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:56 pm 

I hated that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:58 pm 

6-21 3P
6-13 FT

Not sure what we do about that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:59 pm 

Lost by 3, on the road, against a team that will likely finish near the top of the Valley and was playing about as good as they can play.

We hit our free throws....we win. But it is now a fact, not a trend, that we are not a good free throw shooting team. This will cost us more games down the road.

We will get them at home. I'm sure Krut will be counting down the days until his rematch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
6-21 3P
6-13 FT

Not sure what we do about that.

Shoot better. Really the only answer. And definitely rebound better. These are games we’re going to have to win at some point in St. Louis, and our last two losses were basically these type of games.

I think we only shot 2 free throws the entire second half, and missed them both. Quite bluntly, we didn’t deserve to win this game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:10 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Lost by 3, on the road, against a team that will likely finish near the top of the Valley and was playing about as good as they can play.

We hit our free throws....we win. But it is now a fact, not a trend, that we are not a good free throw shooting team. This will cost us more games down the road.

We will get them at home. I'm sure Krut will be counting down the days until his rematch.

Wish Krut hit Tate after getting the rebound he was WIDE open but hesitated a bit; also kinda wish we drove to the rack for he easy 2 on the last possession we had time. But to put up that effort on short rest after the physical game we just played? I'll be okay. Drakes a good team and will contend with Robbins who i didn't expect anything from entering this year. Gotta make one or two more free throws a game and hit AT LEAST 70% from the line. Either of those things puts us over the edge.

Also no one will want to hear this but somehow we have a higher free throw percentage than last year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm 

This game is only going to make Krut better. He got tested today, and it’s only going to push him to play harder. His last ten minutes of play was great. He did not get frustrated by the first thirty minutes. Same with Hall and Clemons.

I thought it would take 5 players in double figures to win this one, and it would have. Look at the box score of our starters and their minutes and it’s pretty easy to see where the weak link is offensively. I’ve went from optimistic, to disappointed, to calm and hopeful, to downright disgusted. This team could win one every game with just one more decently reliable offensive player. Uguak is not going to lead to success for this team. He’s not so amazing defensively that it compensates for 2 turnovers, 1 for 5 from the free throw line, 2 rebounds and a basket. We’ve got pipkins and Welch for next year... give them game experience and let them progress for the future - and by future I most nearly mean this years arch madness.

I still am all on board. I liked our fight in the closing 10 minutes. We did a great job of not turning the ball over all game ... and while I don’t like the three point shooting, at least we have hope for the future next year to correct that problem.

I know I have been hard on Uguak, but it’s so frustrating to see everyone fight through defenses to win, and we just have one of the main five who ALWAYS disappoints.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next