It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:45 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
I didn't see the game, but we had 14 turnovers, which is a tad high but a big improvement over the Furman game.
But our 3 point shooting woes continue. We shot under 20%.
How did our defense look? I know nate said one lineup we had on the court looked like they were playing D in wet concrete.

The second half of the last two games have not been great. That’s about as polite as I can say it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 pm 

Swella, defense didn’t look all that great. Lot of guys left open for 3 and outhustled on rebounds that led to second chance points. Am not sure what it is but every team looks like sharpshooters against, lends me to believe it’s a schematic issue? Maybe someone with a better eye can advise.

Porters system is great when we hit shots, when we don’t it seems easy to beat us. Right now no one is scared of the 3 attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:50 pm 

Johhnyfingers wrote:
Not much more to say than every once else has. That game just sucked. There turnovers and the lack our outside shooting make me concerned for the rest of the year.

Agreed. Teams double and triple teaming Krut since they know our 3PT ability is non existent. Our D was just giving uncontested 3PT shots, and unfortunately they were making them, some from NBA range

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:57 pm 

Did furman have any banked 3’s?

By my count we have allowed 3 in 4 games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm 

This was just sad. I know we are missing people, but when you shoot under 20% from 3 and miss as many free throws as we did, you aren’t going to beat anyone. Our ball screen defense was atrocious tonight. Tate finally flashed from deep. Krut is going to be double and triple teamed the rest of the season. Most of the guys are playing with zero confidence right now. The body language of this team is depressing. Once a shot is missed, that causes heads to hang and then a defensive assignment is missed and then another shot is missed and it just snowballs. We will be lucky to finish with 4 wins this non conference season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm 

Everyone has talked about bad offense. The other team came in shooting 20.5% from three and tonight they shot 44.4% against us. We put them on the line 28 times, and they hit 22 free throws (they came in shooting 74%). We didn't control the tempo, we didn't make them play our game-- we tried to play their game, the one they play in practice and on white boards, and they're better at playing their game than we are.

Maybe the SIU people were right that we'd fall apart as a program after Mullins left, because we're giving away games on defense.

In my glee after going to the Final Four, I recounted The Dark Years of Loyola basketball in several articles. I recounted the mismanagement, embarrassment, and incompetence that dragged us down from a prominent program to floating along the bottom of the Horizon League with Valpo and Wright State and UW-Milwaukee mocking us, suggesting that we get out of the conference as some kind of gracious gesture to help them by ridding the conference of an itinerant loser.

I wrote those articles because I thought we were well past the point when we would do embarrasing, incompetent, and inexcusable things like lose to Coppin State. Surely THAT kind of thing would never happen again.....

Nope!

Take care of the ball, play defense and control the tempo on both sides of the ball. We have enough talent to win 65% of games if we focus on that. The focus on defense makes offense come much more naturally and in flow, especially for newcomers to the college game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 pm 

This is becoming the second straight year getting torched from downtown. We are just bad at challenging theee point shooters. It's not just the new guys.

This year so far we aren't generating turnovers to help make up for it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:41 pm 

Any word on the injuries to Wojcik and Baughman?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:47 pm 

WE LOST to one of the worst teams in the country !!! AT HOME !! Question---Why recruit guards who CANNOT shoot threes !?????? Only KRUT played well this night-- If these guys do NOT improve in all phases of the game--EXCEPT KRUT---CUT them and get some one else !! KY lost to a decent team--We lost to nothing !!!!

What is with all these injuries ?? POOR conditioning ??? Far too many. Maybe our guys are not tough enough

I wager St Joe cannot wait to get to GENTILE !!!

I am bitterly angry and sad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:51 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Any word on the injuries to Wojcik and Baughman?

Nick Schultz reported Pax has a knee injury. Nothing on Jake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next