It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:55 pm 

We’ve given up 87 and 76 points the last two games. We aren’t going to win many games if we keep doing that. We aren’t built offensively to score in the mid 70s.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 pm 

rambler95_99 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
Any word on the injuries to Wojcik and Baughman?

Nick Schultz reported Pax has a knee injury. Nothing on Jake

During the game I believe the announcers said Jake was out due to concussion symptoms, and that the Wojcik injury wasn’t as bad as initially feared (but I don’t think they ever said what everyone first thought it might be), and they believe he “just” had what was called a bone bruise. Didn’t hear any timeline. They also said Frank could be back in a “week or two”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:00 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
I didn't see the game, but we had 14 turnovers, which is a tad high but a big improvement over the Furman game.
But our 3 point shooting woes continue. We shot under 20%.
How did our defense look? I know nate said one lineup we had on the court looked like they were playing D in wet concrete.

I wouldn’t even call 14 turnovers an improvement when you consider our opponent and the fact that we were playing at home. We looked bad in basically every manner, I think our defense and hustle is just as big of a problem as our 3pt shooting. I also think that losing Mullen’s has a larger impact on our team than most are willing to admit, Porter’s coaching was not great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:21 pm 

01grad wrote:
rambler95_99 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
Any word on the injuries to Wojcik and Baughman?

Nick Schultz reported Pax has a knee injury. Nothing on Jake

During the game I believe the announcers said Jake was out due to concussion symptoms, and that the Wojcik injury wasn’t as bad as initially feared (but I don’t think they ever said what everyone first thought it might be), and they believe he “just” had what was called a bone bruise. Didn’t hear any timeline. They also said Frank could be back in a “week or two”

Frank’s cast is off and he had a small brace on his hand. Would be awesome if he was able to play in the Caymans.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:48 pm 

Seen on MVCFans and Twitter: Coppin State had a 74 (74!!!!) non-conference game losing streak dating back to 2014 going into tonight.

As 20+ point favorites at home against a team sure to finish in the 300s in KenPom, this is the most humiliating loss since....?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:39 am 

Wow. That was not good. We can't hit open shots and we can't play defense. That's a bad combination. The limited bench does not give us much of chance to find a group that works well together. The only player who looked good was Hall. They shot better from 3 than we did from the floor. Outscored by 11 in the second half and that includes the 3 points we scored on the technical. UGLY. Its early, but we have not played well in 3 of our four games. Seems like old times. I look forward to seeing how we look on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:46 am 

Rambler88 wrote:
They shot better from 3 than we did from the floor.

This is a little misleading. We shot 58% to their 38% on two point shots. It's the one thing we do very well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:51 am 

It was a good point bringing up Bryan Mullins' absence and the effect it might have on our defense and overall intensity, or lack thereof.
I wonder what Jermaine Kimbrough brings to the table in terms of hands-on coaching? I guess he's supposed to be a pretty good recruiter, but I don't know his role during practices or at games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 am 

We played an 8 man rotation where only 3 of the 8 had played more than 2 Division 1 games ever and of those 3 one was Bruno Skokna. This is going to be a big learning curve season and its going to have highs and lows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:26 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Seen on MVCFans and Twitter: Coppin State had a 74 (74!!!!) non-conference game losing streak dating back to 2014 going into tonight.

Wow. Looks like their last road non-con win was Nov. 10, 2013 against Oregon State.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next