It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:26 pm 

While I don’t think he was necessarily “bad”, I do think the new guy that struggled the most was probably Paxson. A couple late rotations on defense and some turnovers. Hopefully just a fluke, as he was the first off the bench so he must be showing a lot in practice.

Overall the new guys looked pretty comfortable when we had Krut and Lucas in there. Bruno was solid, and while not a “leader” I like having him in there with new guys as he is a steadying presence and knows the system. I would like to see Pipkins more, he was on the weak side a lot and not initiating the offense, not sure if that is out of his skill set or not.

This team is deep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 pm 

And it will get deeper when Clemons and Agunnane come back.

Last edited by JC64 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:02 pm 

JC64 wrote:
And it will get deeper when Clemons Agunnane come back.

And next year, with Braden, Cooper and two freshmen....losing only Bruno (minus any transfers). That will be an INSANELY deep team.

But getting far ahead of myself--I am cautiously optimistic after last night's game. This team has a lot of growth potential. Friday will be one of our bigger non-conference tests on the road against a quality opponent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm 

Interesting they relocated the spirit stand from outside 104/105 to the main hall. More space and alleviates congestion in that part of the concourse. Loved that they're selling jerseys. I made sure to buy one!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm 

My ESPN3 feed last night was terrible. The best part about the game was that we won and looked like we have a lot of things to work on. Coach Porter and his staff have a lot to do. I saw a number of things to be concerned about (ball movement, shooting skills, confidence). I have a lot of hope about how good these players can be, but it's too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. After reading about the Indianapolis game, I am relieved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6