It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tad Duflemeier
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm 

So I was day dreaming,,,thinking about which past guard I would like to have come back and fill the shoes of the injured Clemmons....I pondered,of course,,,Nate the Skate Hayes but Nate was not really a ballhandler..he was slick around the baseline , smooth.....I thought maybe Darious Clemons but not sure he could handle the 2seconds and do something with the ball rule in play under PM......and I thought how bout crazy, out of control, full speed ahead Tad Duflemeier? and found this article.....https://www.hutchnews.com/article/20160 ... /303159932 which made me look a little further and found out after a good jc career his son(also named Tad) played at Concordia University-Irvine averaged 13 pts , 5 assists a game.
With the season starting just feeling a little nostalgic for the old gym,,,the old radiators ,,,Fr. Loftus and occasionally Fr. Baumart smoking cigarettes up in the dark ne corner of the the upper gym....like some East German post war spy....harassing Dick Vitale in the parking lot and then heading to Hamiltons..... Well here comes another year.....go Ramblers........will be the 57th consecutive year attending a Rambler game.....

Post subject: Re: Tad Duflemeier
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:24 am 

You painted a vivid word picture of Alumni Gym with your references to radiators, Fathers Loftus or Baumhart smoking a cigarette like an East German spy, and fans harassing Dick Vitale in the parking lot.
Made me want to go to Hamilton's too.