It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 am 

Tate had similar issues around the rim in practice as he did last night, count me as starting to maybe get worried about him.

Kennedy I thought was impressive in both practice and the scrimmage, I am hopeful that he will benefit from some early playing time.

Lucas was deadly from 3 at the practice and it seemed as if they were intentionally holding him out a bit last night to get the new guys some time.

Overall we dont have the non-conference for an at large big anyway so Im not too concerned about how we look in November, we need to develop and get healthy for the Valley play and we seem to be in a position to do just that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:52 am 

440Rambler wrote:
Tate had similar issues around the rim in practice as he did last night, count me as starting to maybe get worried about him.

Yeah, not only has he missed a lot of shots, he also stepped on the three point line twice while setting up for a corner three last night. The second time, it wasn't even close. He had both feet firmly on the line. I wonder if that has to do with adjusting to the new distance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 am 

Aher was the most disappointing, imo. Thought he might have turned a corner late last year (especially in the Creighton game). But he looked like it was game one of last year--no shot, bad hands, unable to maintain possession, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:45 am 

It seemed Porter offloaded some of the ball handling duties to Aher. Towards the end of last year Aher played more inside where he performed competently. Can't really fault Aher for being a good soldier and taking up the slack in Clemons' absence.
Agree with Rambler 95-99 that Marquise looked a little shaky distributing the ball but was aces one on one. He's really not a pure point guard but I think he would thrive in a 3 guard set.
Interesting to see what the lineup will be when Clemons returns. Does Porter sit Marquise, or maybe Aher or Tate instead to go really small.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:39 am 

was at the practice....but did anyone notice that Kennedy has a side spin on his long range shots??? also I thought Krutwig looked like he was not in shape at the practice and was maybe heavier than last year ?????????

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:44 am 

It looks like Krut is entering middle age a little early. The weight is creeping up while the hairline is creeping back...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:43 pm 

A lot of disappointment....but agree that Aher was the most disappointing. During warm ups I told my buds that I think Aher is the key - he needs to improve for us to compete for a title. But I saw zero improvement. Not just the shaky hands and turnovers - but the poor decision making. Passed up several shots he should have taken and chose to pass off on several drives toward the basket Against a division II team. TAKE IT TO THE HOOP DUDE! Doesn't seem to have the confidence or a scorer's attitude. And we need that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:48 am 

This is disappointing...as I thought Ugauk looked much improved and confident over last year...From listening to the not radiocast...soundls like we lacked confidence......will be interesting to see what line up we come up with and who gets minutes....then we have to start all over when Big Frank and Clemmons come back...going to be an interesting year.....Next year EVERYONE will be back except for Bruno.......maybe this is going to be a developmental year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:17 am 

One last observation. Did anybody else notice that Marquise Kennedy would be a good 2 inches taller if he had an average sized neck?
Reminds me of Walt "No Neck" Williams who played for the White Sox in the late '60s early '70s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Williams_(baseball)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:20 am 

Do you guys put any stock in plus/minus? I'm not sure what the view is among the statheads, but it stands out that in a game we lost by 5 points, Kennedy was a minus-15 and Wojcik was a plus-10.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next