It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Publicity
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm 

And I'm about to go to Wichita and ask their students what a Shocker is!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:28 pm 

And you probably could find three students who know nothing about the basketball team in Wichita

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:05 am 

bad sneakers wrote:
And you probably could find three students who know nothing about the basketball team in Wichita

Nonsense! Wichita is basketball!!! 8-)

I really don't watch our local news unless I'm trying to get something on one of the Wichita teams. But when our TV crew comes to Chicago for the game, give Bruce as hard of a time as you want. He's an arrogant, pompous ass who few can stand. I asked a friend that worked around him once if he was as bad in person as he comes across on TV and radio and she said he was worse.

Craig just sucks at his job but he's a relatively good guy. Our TV crew as a whole sucks though and most of us wish they'd just stream our radio crew and sync it with the broadcast.

And for the record, I still haven't watched either video posted. If someone tells me that Jenn Bates was involved I'll click on it. Or the Dani chick they hired. I think that's her name.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 am 

Yup. Jenn Bates and Dana Welniak are in it.

As I mentioned before, it's gotcha journalism. And after my second watching, I'm even more convinced of that. I'd wager dollars to donuts that they actually found people to answer their questions and those folks ended up on the cutting room floor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am 

Go ... you make a great point. With all due respect to subgod i couldn't give a crap about Wichita tv reporting .... Go Ramblers!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:47 am 

Just to be clear, the Wichita media market is ranked somewhere in the 60's and Chicago is #3. Knowing how brutal most of the Chicago reporting is try putting that against a factor of 20 and you get the reports in this piece. Those people are working in Wichita for a reason, and it is clear in the piece as to why.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:11 am 

Those two are fairly young here and I don't think it was probably their intent to do any gotcha type approach. But they also probably didn't put in a great deal of time to do it.

Jenn usually does a pretty good job. And I've heard good things about the other girl. But local news isn't at the top of my list as I said earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 am 

SubGod22 wrote:
...I don't think it was probably their intent to do any gotcha type approach...

I disagree. You see the intentionally set up two shots to show the answer to their questions. It wasn't happenstance that they showed "Gentile Arena" and the game information sign.

Quote:
But they also probably didn't put in a great deal of time to do it.

I'd say they didn't give their idea a lot of thought. I'd also say that they didn't view it as gotcha journalism because they didn't think it through. They thought the idea was funny and went ahead with their poor execution.

I'm not trying to come down on Wichita as a whole...just this piece. The two reporters may be great, but this piece was poorly thought out and poorly executed. That is, unless they intended to make Loyola look foolish. In which case it was poorly thought out but masterfully executed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:01 pm 

This aggression will not stand.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
This aggression will not stand.

Release the wolves...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next