It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:41 pm 

No offense to Lucas Williamson, but Abraham Lincoln has as good a chance to be POY this season as Lucas.

Last edited by swellafelon on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:36 pm 

Last edited by ToledoRambler on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:55 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Come on, man. The guy was murdered....

Yes. I'm still a bit rattled by this..... Not only the event, but Swella' s perplexing callousness.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:37 am 

Krutwig is a Loyola great. He is a very accomplished player and there is no one on our roster or in the MVC who can do what he can do. However, there is no one on the team that can do what Williamson can do. He can play shutdown defense, he can pass, he can score inside and out. He can do more on the court than Krutwig can. He will fill up the stat sheet. The team plays better with him on the court. Last year, the team did not reach its goals because he was injured. The team was inefficient without him. Neither Townes nor Custer could do what he can do. I see him taking over from Custer and Townes and becoming the face of the team. At the end of the year, if we win the league, he will be our POY candidate because he can do more things.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 pm 

Lucas put up 23 points and 5 assists in the Richmond game last year. He is capable of putting up big numbers and taking over games. I think he ended up averaging 9 points in 16 games and lost a significant amount of time with the injury. Everyone thought Custer was going to repeat as POY and we ended up seeing Townes be the one who stepped his game up. There’s no reason to think Lucas can’t do the same this year.

Obviously next year is going to be the most exciting to look forward to, but I think we will be pleasantly surprised with this years team. Lucas, Krut and Uguak will be back - and I think guards subbing in and out is going to keep us fresh in the backcourt and it’ll pay off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:30 pm 

And what about big Frank Agunanne? If he can stay out of foul trouble, he could contribute in a huge way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:52 am 

I think one of the things we may see this year will be more of Big Frank as most of the Valley has beefed up...We have not had a lot of success with two bigs....and pre Krut we struggled to even have bigs as bigs but some guys with big hears....WHo can forget Christian Thomas , Motel James....Aundre Jackson..all undersized.........We ran a little of Krut and Jackson together....and I think maybe we may see a little more with Frank and Krut this year...........running the 4 out is always an interesting gambit.....advantage of offense with the smaller ,quicker guy against a bigger , slower guy.....but disadvantage on defense with a size disadvantage.....cant wait for the season to start.....and go BIG FRANK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:38 am 

I really don’t think we’ll see Krutwig/Frank together much, if at all. Neither at this point can space the floor and they’d really only hurt one another on both the offense and defensive end. I’ve seen other valley fan bases ponder why their coaches don’t use two bigs anymore, and I think the answer is the game has changed some.

Unless you have a very mobile stretch 4 like childs or da Silva, it’s really hard to play two bigs at this level. I’d also argue those teams performed better offensively when those two played at the 5.

That said I’m excited to see Franks progress. If he can buy Krutwig some extra minutes of rest, we’ll be in great shape!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:09 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
...Who can forget ...Motel James....

If I'm not mistaken, James wore Airbnb Jordans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:49 pm 

Also willing to wager a beer that Rahm Emanuel will be able to count on his right hand the number of times Krut and Frank play together.