It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Chris Negron
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:48 am 

As a junior in high school in 2015-16, some rated Chris Negron more highly than Cameron Krutwig (who was chosen as the Mid-Major freshman of the Year in 2017-18). That ended when Chris was injured & sat out his senior year.

Chris struggled in coming back from injuries as a freshman at LU playing only 71 minutes & putting up poor stats.

That all changed last year when his minutes moved up to 191 (still low) and his stats greatly improved.

Of LU’s returning players, he led the team in rebound per 40 minutes, was 2nd in points per 40, 2nd in FG%, 3rd in FT%.

Rebounds/40
NEGRON 11.9, Agunanne 10.7, Krutwig 10.2, Williamson 7.9, Uguak 5.5

Points/40
Krutwig 21.0, NEGRON 11.9, Williamson 11.7, Agunanne 11.2, Kaifes 10.4

FG%
Krutwig .629, NEGRON .521, Agunanne .521, Uguak .504, Kaifes .481

FT%
Kaifer .813, Uguak .687, NEGRON .667, Agunanne .632, Williamson .600

He appears to have great potential, although he was used as a backup center, rather than his natural power forward position. But it appears the coach is against the power forward position.

I would hope the coach abandons his 4 guard, midget set this year & Chris gets more minutes (which we will need if either of the other centers are injured or get in foul trouble). The 2018 Final 4 team went with a 4 guard set a little over 3 minutes a game for the season.

This year, in our MVC Championship loss to Bradley we played 25 minutes with 4 guards and we were killed on the boards 44-31 & on blocked shots 9-0. Bradley played 0 minutes of 4 guard midget ball.

Chris, our best rebounder sat on the bench for the whole game, 0 minutes. The coach’s favorite, Skokna played 21 minutes with 0 rebounds.

I don’t know if Chris is returning, or if the coach will use him, or if the coach is running him off (teams like NIU or UIC could certainly use him), but I hope he stays. I think he has a lot of talent.

Post subject: Re: Chris Negron
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:05 am 

Just curious Fleet. Which is the bigger number: Your height in inches or your age in years?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:24 am 

Years are ahead. I played the point in HS & I was in HS during LU's Championship season.

Back to the topic, I want to compliment Chris Negron for being a class act throughout his LU career, not complaining about his treatment. He will be an asset to any program he is in.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:17 am 

Hate to see Chris go.....I can only hope that when this kind of thing happens it is because the player wants to transfer and is not being pushed out.I think the scenario would be same old same old for Chris as long as Coach only plays one big man.....I hope he finds a great landing spot and excels.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 am 

He just posted on his twitter that it's official. He is transferring.