It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Ryan Murphy ?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:02 pm 

oh yeah its all completely circumstantial...but new scholarship offer + lack of social media activity relating to team + not seen in practice video + lack of playing time last year = #1 suspect for that roster spot.

But as 01 said its entirely possible that the Murphy offer was just reported at a weird time. Christian is running a twitter account for one of his classes at Loyola so he seems to be actively engaged with the school academically. I hope hes staying.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:44 pm 

Doubt it’s one of the freshman recruits. Porter in the recent interviews I believe has mentioned each of them, or at least “the three freshman we have coming in” talking about them with Keith/Jalon. Paxson has always seemed excited from social media, interacting with guys. I doubt it’s him.

But going forward he probably will always be one of the most likely to transfer, depending on how his dad’s coaching career goes. And understandably so.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:02 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
So it looks like we made an offer to Ryan Murphy ,,,jc from New Mexico JC.....previously from UNC-Charlotte, my question is.....I thought we were out of scholarships? If we red-shirt an incoming Freshman does that then not count against the scholarship number? I am assuming he is immediately eligible since he is coming from a jc ? Is there another brick to fall? This guy reminds me of Mooney from Texas Tech...crazy quick release and range...

They all count as scholarships unless someone volunteers to pay his own way for a year.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:48 am 

Has committed to Pittsburgh. So are we done?