It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Practice Facility
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:51 am 

Soooooo...I feel like WBEZ......but here is my point...first of all I got nothin to do with the Athletic Dept or Alumni assn etc.....just an alumn who loves to follow LU bball......but I get that to want all this success and to sustain it in some way is a facilities,money kind of thing.....So just thought I would post the video....on the Norville Challenge..which is mostly to help pay for the new practice facility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5A6fmYCbZE

Post subject: Re: Practice Facility
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:50 am 

The Norville Challenge is the overarching concept demonstrating the University, through one of its most prominent alums, a commitment to athletics.
The actual best vehicle to demonstrate alums commitment is with the Excellence Fund where a pledge is made of giving a fixed amount for each of five years. Typically this is in increments from $1000 to $5000. This "annuity" stream of revenue allows the university to plan better for the growth of the program. Sean McDonough is leading this campaign.
This information here is general information only and not a solicitation. I am sure if you talk to Sean you can learn more.
I think what is important also is for alums to assist in sustaining success through season ticket renewals, attending games and through donations both large and small. The time to sit on the sidelines is at the games and not during the offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:05 am 

25yearstreak wrote:
This information here is general information only and not a solicitation.

Sounds like you ran your post by your securities lawyers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 pm 

Darn, I clicked this thread hoping for an update on the practice facility.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:51 am 

I haven’t been up around campus in a while, and am just curious to know if this is finished yet. Last pictures I saw it looked like they were getting close, but that was at least a month ago. Anyone seen it lately?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:21 pm 

Don't think it's open but I saw basketball hoops set up through the window. Believe there is a grand opening next month

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 am 

The opening ceremony was yesterday. Players and coaches in attendance. Nice little event with self-guided tours of the facility, which don't really take long because it's really just two gyms and a couple of meeting/film rooms (the benefit of having it connected to Norville's locker rooms and offices). That said it's super nice. Two courts both featuring the new design that's also in Gentile. Room for two teams to practice simultaneously. It appeared that the facility is fully open now, so it should be in use this week, I would guess. Maybe take a stroll down Loyola Ave and peek in the window.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:25 am 

FYI, the First Floor Gym will be named "THE SWELLA", as soon as my check clears.

https://www.luc.edu/giving/givingpriori ... efacility/
(Click "Naming Opportunities" PDF link)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:56 am 

I did some math. A regulation college basketball court is 94' x 50' or 4700 sq. ft. So if it costs $500,000 to name an entire court, that works out to a little over $106 per square foot.

I would gladly donate $106 for a square foot of center court if my name would be prominently displayed there. I might even pop for two adjacent squares so that "SWELLA" would be more noticeable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:43 am 

swellafelon wrote:
I did some math. A regulation college basketball court is 94' x 50' or 4700 sq. ft. So if it costs $500,000 to name an entire court, that works out to a little over $106 per square foot.

I would gladly donate $106 for a square foot of center court if my name would be prominently displayed there. I might even pop for two adjacent squares so that "SWELLA" would be more noticeable.

As long as it’s in the same script design as the new logo