It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: MVC Transfers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm 

I feel bad for Valpo and their fans. smits seemed replaceable, but losing freeman hurts them on the floor next year, and hurts them even more in recruiting. They got themselves a gem, and he turned on them after his first year and said he couldn’t reach his potential there.

They lost their best recruit.
They lost their leading scorer.
They now have a four year coach who hasn’t moved the needle in the valley, and has some real question marks now on how he runs his program.
They have arguably the worst facilities in the league.

I wanted to see Valpo do well in the Valley, but if they don’t start making some moves quick, it’s gonna get worse for them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:24 pm 

With the improvements we’ve made, I don’t think it’s even debatable in terms of the facilities question. Valpo is way behind everyone else in the Valley.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 pm 

Valpo is a mess, I feel bad for them but I’m glad it’s not us hahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:48 pm 

I do not feel sorry for Valpo. Not at all.

When they came into the Horizon, they treated us like shit from the get-go. They were congenial to all the winning programs in the league, but sensed that they could get a let up by piling on to Loyola's troubles. They also knew that Loyola was treated badly by the league and happily went along with it. I would say that it was a toss-up between Wright State and Valpo on the teams that treated us worst. Butler, UIC, and Milwaukee hated us, but they showed a bit of respect. Valpo didn't do that.

And it's funny that Valpo had an immediate superiority attitude against Loyola from the very beginning of their Horizon League tenure, a myth that lasted to when we left, and beyond. If you ask the average Valpo fan how they did against Loyola in the Horizon, they'll say they beat our asses constantly. They were 7-6 against Loyola in the Horizon.

Every single morning, I have a Valpo ritual. I decorate my toilet with their Yellow and Brown school colors, and then I flush.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:04 pm 

JCT wrote:
I do not feel sorry for Valpo. Not at all.

When they came into the Horizon, they treated us like shit from the get-go. They were congenial to all the winning programs in the league, but sensed that they could get a let up by piling on to Loyola's troubles. They also knew that Loyola was treated badly by the league and happily went along with it. I would say that it was a toss-up between Wright State and Valpo on the teams that treated us worst. Butler, UIC, and Milwaukee hated us, but they showed a bit of respect. Valpo didn't do that.

And it's funny that Valpo had an immediate superiority attitude against Loyola from the very beginning of their Horizon League tenure, a myth that lasted to when we left, and beyond. If you ask the average Valpo fan how they did against Loyola in the Horizon, they'll say they beat our asses constantly. They were 7-6 against Loyola in the Horizon.

Every single morning, I have a Valpo ritual. I decorate my toilet with their Yellow and Brown school colors, and then I flush.

Hahaha I actually Regretted typing that I felt bad for them immediately. Valpo fans this year were already bad enough, they were constantly acting like they were in a rivalry with us. Truth is they never ended up being good enough this season to actually be taken seriously, now they’re doomed. Sounds like they deserve it. Hahahah they really do have the worst team colors in all of college basketball,

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:01 pm 

little off topic not being MVC transfers but Northwestern had 3 seniors take the grad transfer including Benson who would have been their starting center. They as of right now have only 6 scholarship players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:04 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
little off topic not being MVC transfers but Northwestern had 3 seniors take the grad transfer including Benson who would have been their starting center. They as of right now have only 6 scholarship players.

I don’t think that’s off topic at all...I’d expect them to be one of the front runners to land Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:35 am 

I have nothing against Valpo and it’s fun to have a nearby private.

But you have to think the MVC is kicking itself 500 times upside the head for not adding Murray State.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 pm 

Honestly, I still can't figure out how Murray State didn't get in when Wichita left.

2009–10 31–5; NCCA Bid Average Home Attendance: 3,682
2010–11 23–9; NIT Bid Average Home Attendance: 4,062
2011–12 31–2; NCAA bid Average Home Attendance: 6,144
2012–13 21–10; Average Home Attendance: 5,436
2013–14 23–11; CIT Champs Average Home Attendance: 3,428
2014–15 29–6; NIT bid Average Home Attendance: 4,644

They were 127-38, with five out of six post-season appearances, and not one season under 20 wins. Their arena seats 8,600, that was built in 1998 and upgraded in 2011. Quite honestly, they seemed like they deserved to get into the MVC more than us....

Does anybody know the story behind Valpo getting the nod over them? Don't get me wrong, I like Valpo.... I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:35 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Honestly, I still can't figure out how Murray State didn't get in when Wichita left.

2009–10 31–5; NCCA Bid Average Home Attendance: 3,682
2010–11 23–9; NIT Bid Average Home Attendance: 4,062
2011–12 31–2; NCAA bid Average Home Attendance: 6,144
2012–13 21–10; Average Home Attendance: 5,436
2013–14 23–11; CIT Champs Average Home Attendance: 3,428
2014–15 29–6; NIT bid Average Home Attendance: 4,644

They were 127-38, with five out of six post-season appearances, and not one season under 20 wins. Their arena seats 8,600, that was built in 1998 and upgraded in 2011. Quite honestly, they seemed like they deserved to get into the MVC more than us....

Does anybody know the story behind Valpo getting the nod over them? Don't get me wrong, I like Valpo.... I just don't get it.

Murray state definitely would have made the valley look much better than Valpo is. Whoever was in charge of allowing them in instead sucks at their job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next