It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: espn+broadcast
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:55 pm 

Sorry but that announcing crew was brutal. The play by play guy could not pronounce "Agunanne" and got to the point where he'd just say "Loyola" with the rebound or wait for Robinson to say something. His missteps weren't limited to that. Someone needs to tell Stephon Robinson to stop saying "absolutely"...sorry, I know he's a Rambler but please, enough.

Post subject: Re: espn+broadcast
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 am 

One of them actually called Krutwig, “Clayton Krutwig” Hahahah.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:41 am 

Robinson is fine. Part of his job seemed to include propping up the play by play guy so he didn’t look like a total idiot for not knowing the guys on our team. I’ll try not to complain because, not living in Chicago, I’m just glad there’s a platform that lets me watch our games from anywhere in the country.

On a side note, if any powers that be read this board, I think a lot of people that live out of market would like to see the video scoreboard intro since they don’t show it on tv. Would it be possible to put it up on YouTube?

Post subject: Re: espn+broadcas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:55 am 

ToledoRambler wrote:
Robinson is fine. Part of his job seemed to include propping up the play by play guy so he didn’t look like a total idiot for not knowing the guys on our team. I’ll try not to complain because, not living in Chicago, I’m just glad there’s a platform that lets me watch our games from anywhere in the country.

On a side note, if any powers that be read this board, I think a lot of people that live out of market would like to see the video scoreboard intro since they don’t show it on tv. Would it be possible to put it up on YouTube?

It’s 2018 being able to watch a final four team out of state isn’t impressive by any standards, especially at a forced rate of $5 a month for awful coverage.

Post subject: Re: espn+broadcas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:02 am 

Blers42 wrote:
ToledoRambler wrote:

It’s 2018 being able to watch a final four team out of state isn’t impressive by any standards, especially at a forced rate of $5 a month for awful coverage.

No. It’s 2018 and Loyola is a mid-major team that has less than 5,000 fans at each game and is not a huge money maker for major tv networks. Also the $5 a month equates to about a dollar a game to be able to watch almost all Loyola games AND our conference opponents’ games. A buck a game seems like a steal to me, even if there was no play-by-play.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:20 am 

$5 a month isn’t breaking my bank and I’m no upset about it, I’m just not impressed. My expectations are that streaming ncaa games shouldn’t be that hard you can legit watch much less popular smaller venues sports these days for free. I already Have ESPN on my cable package so spending another $5 for plus which cut out for about four minutes of game time against Niagara is pretty annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:45 pm 

We definitely need to shore up our broadcasting. For a program that's featured or nurtured Red Rush, Brian Wheeler, Jeff Hagedorn, Andy Mazur, and Lou Canelis (among others), it's unfortunate to have no radio or internet outlet, and a borrowed amateurs doing play by play. Quality broadcasting is an essential "tent pole" for a successful sports program.

Right now we're a mid-major program with a smallish, tentative, fragile fan base. If we want to sustain things and expand our base and support over the next several years, we need to establish a broadcasting baseline.... A quality broadcast feed that can be used on video production, live or recorded internet streaming, radio, television, apps, or whatever platform is necessary. Beyond being a potential moneymaker when the team is doing well, it's great content and a good announcer/personality is a valuable resource.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:36 am 

I agree with Toledo...getting any Blers coverage at all as an out of stater before the Valley move was like seeing a comet. Im happy to be apart of the ESPN+ package even if the announcing crews are not network worthy.