It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:55 pm 

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:00 p.m.
Gentile Arena, Chicago, Ill.

Loyola raises the Final Four banner at Gentile Arena and kicks off the 2018-19 season on Tuesday night amid high expectations. The Rambers were predicted to win the Missouri Valley Conference in the preseason poll released two weeks ago. Their opponent is the UMKC Kangaroos.

The Ramblers and ‘Roos played each other early last season in KC, where Loyola trailed at halftime in a frustrating and physical first half. The Ramblers eventually prevailed, 66-56, thanks to 20 points from Clayton Custer and 18 from Aundre Jackson.

Coach Kareem Richardson’s Kangaroos bring back three starters from an 10-22 team that suffered more than its share of close losses. The top scorer last season was diminutive point guard Xavier Bishop, who averaged 11.2 points per game. Six-seven forward Jordan Giles also averaged in double figures.

UMKC likes to play quickly and chaotically, because speed is one of their biggest assets. The ‘Roos were picked to finish seventh in the eight-team WAC conference in the preseason poll. Bart Torvik’s preseason ranking rates them at 241.

Loyola game notes: https://loyolaramblers.com/documents/20 ... df?id=7187

UMKC game notes: http://www.umkckangaroos.com/ViewArticl ... M_ID=18300

TV/Streaming video: NBC Sports Chicago http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/nbcs-chicago

Live stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=234953

Vegas odds: Pending

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 am 

jct ..great preview,but dont lose your real job by working so hard here.....Interesting.1. Glad to see Koch graduate from UNI and Timmer from Drake. 2. This is still a guard dominated league and we will miss the incredible D of Ben Richardson. 3. Man there are a lot of impressive transfers into the Valley this year..4. Always been a guard dominated league but is that changing? seem to be a lot of 7 footers hanging around.5. I agree that Evansville made a great hire. 6. I think the Valley has turned itself into the best of the Mid Conferences and we had better not have Final4 Hangover.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:32 am 

Xavier Bishop is an interesting player. I believe he still holds the school record for most career points scored at Springfield Lanphier...a school that’s produced some pretty decent talent over the years (Andre Iguodala, Rich McBride, Ed Horton just to name a few). A short guard, but can score.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 am 

Anyone want to go out on a limb and say tonight's game will sell out? My rough guesstimate based on the seat map shows about 800 tickets left.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:24 am 

633 left

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:50 am 

While I’d love to see it, a weekday, late night sellout may not happen. The fact that I’d be disappointed with 3500+ people is amazing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:36 pm 

Anyone know the bag policy for games at Gentile? Have to work right up until tipoff so will have my work bag on me (briefcase type bag with a computer and some paper in it). Will this be allowed in?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:46 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Anyone know the bag policy for games at Gentile? Have to work right up until tipoff so will have my work bag on me (briefcase type bag with a computer and some paper in it). Will this be allowed in?

Per the Email I received yesterday, they said all bags are subject to search, but didn't specify that it had to be clear or within certain dimensions. I'm assuming you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm 

I took my laptop in with me for a game last year. However, I’m not sure if the policy changed this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:32 pm 

I went to the exhibition game with my backpack with my laptop, notebooks, and other electronics and was fine.