It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:12 pm 

Clemons didn't really have a lot of "bad" or "off" games last season, and I thought he and Krutwig were the most consistent of all our players.

Looking back at Clemons stats for individual games, I was actually very impressed with his ability to take over the point guard role after Custer's departure.

What really makes me optimistic about Clemons next year is what he did at Arch Madness when the rest of the team was slumping:

28 points, 9-15 shooting, 5 of 6 shooting the three, 28 points, and only 1 turnover! He also seemed to be the only one who could make his free throws, going 5 of 6.

Clemons has Clayton Custer capabilities with the ability to go-off offensively, and he should be huge for us next year now that he's had a year under Porter.

I don't know if we've had this many players with the realistic ability to go out and get 20+ point games in a while.

Krut has the ability to get us 20
Clemons has the ability to get us 20.
Kennedy has the ability to get us 20.
Hall has the ability to get us 20.

Norris Averaged over 10 at Oakland, Williamson averaged 9 last year, Kaifus averaged around 6 with about 20 minutes per game his last year out....

Scoring potential is going to be insane next year....

If we run, use a press, and sub for fresh legs, we will be able to run teams out of the gym next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:27 pm 

If we run, use a press,
We have really had some great fast break moments in the past few years....and I love to see a press....but my question is it in Porters playbook unless we are behind in the last few moments.....time to time we have used a 1-3-1 half court trap...but have we ever used a full court or 3/4 court press as a strategy where we used it either from the get go or for a considerable amount of time? would this be the year because we have such depth?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:41 pm 

I just finished watching the Zoom program with Porter and Steve. Porter emphasized that the Ramblers intend to take advantage of our strength in numbers this coming season. That could mean making use of a lot of fresh legs to keep up a pressure defense and an up tempo offense.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:06 am 

Porter mentioned that Kaifes has great speed as he used to win every sprint. Lets hope he still has it and can make a great comeback.
As for the season, I am very pessimistic. With all the states having different plans regarding "opening up" and Illinois being much stricter, it will surely impact a lot of decisions.
One newscast mentioned that many parents were reluctant to have their sons/daughters return to school in such an uncertain environment.
It was estimated that 25% of the incoming freshmen will choose to have a "gap year" where they delay the first year for a year. That will impact revenue at many schools which are already hurting. I could see a delay in the season until January 2021.

The toilet king himself warned everyone he would slap stricter measures on if we misbehave. Must be feeling the pressure of being so arrogant. Him along with
Wit-less of Michigan make quite a pair. She does not allow Michiganders to buy seeds to plant a garden, take a motor boat on the lake (only khayak or rowboat)nor travel to your summer home. As for Pritz who inherited the Hyatt fortune, he took the toilets out of some of his second homes so they could be declared uninhabitable. And we call these people "leaders".

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:19 am 

How about “ Wit- less” who occupies the White House?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:13 am 

The only thing that could make me sicker than coronavirus is coming into my beloved basketball fan board to see people vomiting up anti science talking points about a disease that's killed more Americans in 2 months than the entirety of the Vietnam War.

If yall need a safe space to spout off about the guvment feel free to sign into facebook, but keep that nonsense off this board please.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:38 am 

What happened to JCT's rousing rebuttal to Streak's pot stirring post? It's disappeared, sadly.

Damn, I just made some popcorn to munch on while watching the political drama unfold on Ramblermania, and now it looks like I need to find some other entertainment to occupy Day 46 of my Lockdown.

Where's Cigarboy when you need him?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:02 am 

I for one would appreciate it if people take their political opinions to the off topic board and leave the basketball board to basketball....that is as nice as I can say it......

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:05 pm 

To my friends, especially Nate who I respect, sorry that my comments came across as political. (not you Ramblin Ray you get no respect).
Keep in mind that ALL politicians are like mice who smell cheese and cheese is power.

The point I was trying to make is, there was a lot of happy talk about next season but lurking in the background is an environment of political power that the politicians are fighting over. AND THAT the struggle for that power WILL ultimately affect spectator sports.
I would imagine that the best outcome will be a compromise where schools will open later (January), spectator sports will be spectatorless and will be viewed on the computer or tv. As strictly an fyi, the Wall Street Journal today in section two had a great half page article about parents/students and how many incoming freshman will choose a gap year and how this will impact colleges.
So it would not surprise me, if there was no season either. But we shall see.

Nonetheless it would be great to have a season what with DePaul on the "road", Davidson on the road, Furman at home and a great preseason tourney with Penn, Nebraska, Pitt, Utah St, Dayton and I think George Mason. And Atlantis tourney for the 2021-22 season.
Porter mentioned how tough it was to get teams to schedule us on AN EQUAL BASIS. Interesting the way he phrased it.
Steve never quite answered the question as to how they got DePaul to agree to the games and whether there was an significant buy out clause for the game at the Joe in 2021. Steve did mention that we play DePaul in every other sport so....

Heading to Wisconsin tomorrow to our second home to take a ride on my son's pontoon boat and to plant a garden on the vacant lot and thinking about how Porter is going to get all twelve players in (he said that would be his problem). I still wish we could have kept Pipkins. If you see the team season highlight video from last season he had a surprising amount of great plays more than you would have thought.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:58 pm 

no biggie 25....I have just seen where this kind of thing can blow up a site....and I really enjoy sharing thoughts and opinions on LU BBALL here....there should be good thoughtful discussion on an issue as serious as this pandemic....it is not only a stress test for the government and the financial system but for us as a nation of citizens.....just thought that if people wanted to discuss it...the off topic spot was ...well the spot...enjoy WISCY

Coach Moser sounded genuinely bad about Pipkens leaving....but also that he understood....I guess from that view the transfer thing certainly has some validity...I do hope they keep the one year sit rule...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next