It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Recruiting Class of 2020
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:32 pm 

As the 2019 class begins to solidify I figured it'd be worth starting a thread of our 2020 offers; especially after a new offer went out yesterday to Luke Kasubke out of Chaminade High School. He's a 6-5 wing with offers from Creighton, Xavier, Kansas State, Mizzou along with Valpo and Missouri State. Chaminade is a powerhouse in Kansas and has produced high level NBA talent like Bradley Beal and Jayson Tatum in recent years.

This offer is in addition to two outstanding offers in Isaiah Rivera and DJ Steward. At this point all three have high major potential (especially Steward); but it's good to see us in the picture. We've been able to hit on a couple of our long term recruiting pitches such as Krutwig and Wojcik (who visited LU as a junior before receiving an offer later on) so it's worth monitoring how they progress.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm 

I am still curious to the Valpo magic......Confounded that coming out of the Horizon with the worst gym in the Conference and they have the highest star rating. So I think we should be in on every kid they are in on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm 

Blers wrote:
As the 2019 class begins to solidify I figured it'd be worth starting a thread of our 2020 offers; especially after a new offer went out yesterday to Luke Kasubke out of Chaminade High School. He's a 6-5 wing with offers from Creighton, Xavier, Kansas State, Mizzou along with Valpo and Missouri State. Chaminade is a powerhouse in Kansas and has produced high level NBA talent like Bradley Beal and Jayson Tatum in recent years.

This offer is in addition to two outstanding offers in Isaiah Rivera and DJ Steward. At this point all three have high major potential (especially Steward); but it's good to see us in the picture. We've been able to hit on a couple of our long term recruiting pitches such as Krutwig and Wojcik (who visited LU as a junior before receiving an offer later on) so it's worth monitoring how they progress.

Thanks for starting this.

Chaminade is in St. Louis, fwiw.

Glad we're at least in the mix for Kasubke. That's great to see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:36 pm 

Let me throw out a new name that should be on the Ramblers' radar: Jeremiah Williams, a 6'4" guard from my alma mater St. Laurence which has started the year 11-1 and is ranked in the Chicago area top 20.

Williams is a stat stuffer averaging over 19 ppg and over 10 rpg. Also good numbers in assists, steals and blocks.

Williams is a rising star according to Joe Henricksen: https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.co ... ung-stars/
He doesn't have any offers yet but that should change soon if he continues to play at the same high level. I think we should become his first suitor.

I've watched him on video and he looks very athletic with a lanky frame that should fill out nicely and maybe add an inch or two in height.

I plan to see him in person the day after Christmas at the Jack Tosh Tourney at York High School. Marquise Kennedy and Tom Welch also play at York on the 26th so I'll get a chance to see them play too.

I'll post a scouting report afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:08 pm 

My Game 2 at Jack Tosh: St. Laurence and Jeremiah Williams versus Nazareth Academy.

Williams is indeed lanky, verging on skinny. Has very long arms. Not nearly as physically mature as Welch, but he's only a junior.

Halftime Laurence up 43-29.Williams has 10 points. His outside shot isn't falling but he shows good form on his free throws.
Most impressed by his man defense. Moves feet very well. Has a couple steals and two blocks. Generally impressed but needs to polish his outside game.
Let's see what second half brings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:45 pm 

Laurence pulled Williams midway through the 4th quarter with a big lead. He finished with 19. Hit a three in the second half. Had a couple dunks in game.
He is very athletic. Moved fluidly. Excellent defender. Looks better in the open court on a fast break or playing full court press on d.

I definitely think he's a Division 1 player but would wait a bit to see if he develops more of an outside game. He looks to be more of a shooting or combo guard than a pure point guard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 am 

DJ Steward attended yesterdays game. Top 100 prospect that plays for Whitney Young and the Meanstreets program where Jevon used to coach. Ramblers have an offer out to the point guard... He'll probably go high major, but would be a massive get if he wants to stay home.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:53 am 

“Geneseo 2020 SG Isaiah Rivera @riv_isaiah will also be visiting #Loyola today after his 51 point performance last night”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:55 pm 

Jbuchholz wrote:
“Geneseo 2020 SG Isaiah Rivera @riv_isaiah will also be visiting #Loyola today after his 51 point performance last night”

We offered back in June. Looks like he has a lot of MVC offers, and some others including St. John’s, New Mexico, and as of this morning Dayton.

Hopefully the cold doesn’t scare him off!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:27 am 

Pure speculation on my part, but I was thinking Columbia guard Mike Smith might be a possible grad transfer in 2020 that we have a shot at.
We recruited him hard out of Fenwick where he came in second for Illinois Mr. Basketball.

He's had a stellar career at Columbia, starting from day one with a career average of about 15 ppg and 5 apg. Second team All Ivy last year and League scoring leader.

He went down with a torn meniscus early last December and is out for the year. If the NCAA grants him an additional year of eligibility he could play his senior year at Columbia, get his Ivy League degree, then grad transfer back home to a school with a good chance to make the NCAA Tourney (i.e., Loyola).

http://ivyhoopsonline.com/2018/12/14/re ... -meniscus/

I would love to see him in Rambler maroon and gold. He is the experienced point guard we need (Love Marquise Kennedy but he is not a pure point guard). The starting lineup of Krut, Lucas, Welch, Kennedy and Smith would be awesome, with the added attraction that they're all from the Chicago area, with two from the Catholic League.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next