It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Class of 2021
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:33 am 

Swella has been Googling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:58 am 

25yearstreeak,
Me Bad!
Really?
Was Loyola still using the Harbrace College Handbook when you were there?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:34 am 

Sooo..just wanted to recommend John McPhees A Sense of Where You Are.............Story of Bill Bradleys senior year at Princeton....One of the best basketball books I have read......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:51 pm 

Good article on Troy D'Amico:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/a ... ssion=true

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 am 

This is not for our class ...but Yaklich at UIC signed his first freshman,,,,,I think it is his son.Griffin Yaklich......but for next year they have 26 offers out.....their scholarship chart looks like one of my term papers after Brother Daniel got done with it. There are a total of 66 names on their scholarship chart with some of the abbreviations reading like Henry Kissengers passport.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
This is not for our class ...but Yaklich at UIC signed his first freshman,,,,,I think it is his son.Griffin Yaklich......but for next year they have 26 offers out.....their scholarship chart looks like one of my term papers after Brother Daniel got done with it. There are a total of 66 names on their scholarship chart with some of the abbreviations reading like Henry Kissengers passport.

I don't think Verbal Commits takes scholarship offers down, so I bet a lot of them came from the previous coaching staff. It's probably a pretty typical look for a scholarship chart at a school undergoing a coaching change especially nowadays. Ours certainly looked similar when Porter took over. Heck, I think even the Final 4 senior class had about a dozen different kids be a part of it at one point or another.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:26 am 

Decided to scroll back through the thread and do a condensed update.

Commitments and list cuts
- Max Christie - Spurns Coach K and Duke to committed to Michigan State.
- Will Tschetter - 3-star PF from Minnesota committed to Michigan.
- Tyrese Hunger - 4-star PG from Racine, WI cut his list to 10 schools. All high major schools.
- Chucky Hepburn - Don't think anyone ever mentioned this one, but committed to Wisconsin back in September.
- Elijah Wood - Committed to Nebraska in June.
- Isiah Barnes - 4- star SF from Oak Park River Forest committed to Michigan.
- Ramean Hinton - Don't think we actually offered him, but committed to Western Illinois after reopening his recruitment. WIU has gotten some majorly talented Chicago Public League commitments since hiring Nick Irving (former Morgan Park HC), as an assistant. Will be an interesting team to watch.

Active Recruitment
- Anthony Sales - Verbal Commits still has Loyola, SIU, and UW-Milwaukee as his only basketball offers. Has football offers from Duke, Iowa, Miami (OH), Michigan State, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Ohio, and Western Michigan per Rivals.
- Troy D-Amico - Since our offer in November has picked up offers from Toledo and Valpo. List stands at those two plus Loyola, UC-Davis, Hofstra, UW-Milwaukee, Saint Louis, and Southern Illinois.
- John Poulakidas - Based on this article from a few weeks back sounds like we aren't prioritizing him. Schools mentioned were Yale, Butler, Minnesota, and George Washington
- Payton Sandfort - Cracked 24/7's top 150 prospects for the class coming in at #138. No new offers, still Loyola, Minnesota, Drake, Iowa, and Utah with the last 3 seeming to be the front runners. Is currently teammates with the Drake HC's son (who is the #2 prospect in IA) at Waukee HS, and it seems DeVires will head to Des Moines to play for his dad.
- Brandin Podziem - Picked up a number of offers in June including Boise State, Rice, Arizona State, Marquette, and Kansas State. Previously had offers from Loyola, UW-Milwaukee, and DePaul.
- Marcus Randolph - Received an offer from Towson in June in addition his offers from Loyola, Siena, Drexel, Hofstra, Richmond, Delaware State, LaSalle, Bryant, and Temple.
- Isiah Walker - Some interesting offers since Loyola including Furman, UNCW and Penn. 18 offers total, mostly low-major and some Horizon League outside those already mentioned.
- Ben Schwieger - New offers from UW-Milwaukee, William & Mary, Southern Illinois, Elon and Belmont. Previously Loyola, UIC, IUPUI, UC-Riverside, and Robert Morris
- Garrett Johnson - Lot of new offers in May/June, highlighted by Richmond, Yale, and Xavier. Also Towson, College of Charleston, Elon, East Carolina, and Charlotte. Previously Loyola, James Madison, Fairfield, UMass Lowell, Quinnipiac, George Washington, William and Mary, George Mason, Brown, Vermont, Penn, Mount St. Mary's, Furman, UNCW, Holly Cross, and Towson.
- Ty Jonson - Some other MVC teams getting in the action with Southern Illinois and Valpo offering in late May. Additional new offers from Elon, Siena, Bowling Green, Appalachian State, and Miami (OH). Previously Loyola, Colorado State, UW-Milwaukee, Green Bay, Chicago State, Youngstown State, and UIC.
- Will Richard- Picked up offers from Wofford and Charlotte. Previously Loyola, North Alabama, Drexel, Furman, Kennesaw State, Rice, VCU, and Florida Gulf Coast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:41 am 

I wonder if any of the Ivy League commits are going to back out because of their COVID policy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:03 am 

Thanks for the fine update on our recruits, bmh_twosix!
Incidentally I googled your screen name. Did you know BMH26 is the model number of a Mr. Coffee coffee grinder?

Follow up question: Do you mind if I start calling you "Mr. Coffee"?

Follow up question #2: Are you a bass fisherman?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am 

For what it's worth here's some thoughts about our '21 recruits:

My guess why Anthony Sayles has received so few basketball schollies is that he intends to play football and the word is out.

For no rational reason I think we will sign one of the trio of D'Amico, Schweiger or Poulakaidis.

Garrett Johnson looked really impressive on his mixtape. Surprised he hasn't gotten any high major offers (last I checked).

Ty Johnson reminded me a little bit of Lucas Williamson, but with better handles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 59  Next